HomeHome  BabyTalk ExtraBabyTalk Extra  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Car Seats!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Shez
Grown-up
Grown-up

Female
Number of posts : 509
Registration date : 2007-05-22

PostSubject: Car Seats!   Sun Jul 22, 2007 4:11 pm

Just thought i would let you all know about my dissapointment with a Britax Car Seat that was bought for me earlier today!
The car sear was a Britax First Class Si Ultra to suit babies from birth to 4 years.
When my mother in law gave this to me today i put my son in it so i could adjust the straps i realised that the straps did not fit through the slots in the back of the seat, after a struggle we managed to get them through but this was making the plastic sharp as it didnt go through easily. After 3 hours, lots of cut fingers we took the seat back to the shop thinking it was just the one we had. The lady in the shop was very helpful and we looked at the others and they are all the same, it has been designed very badly. I have emailed Britax tonight and will await for their reply but in the meantime if anyone is going to be purchasing a car seat in the near future before buying it look how to adjust the height of the straps as this caused many arguments between my hubby and his parents and like i say alot of cut fingers!
This is a link to the Britax website and the seat that we got!
http://www.britax.co.uk/ProductDetail.jsp?pid=26&cid=6&type=1

The lady in the shop was very helpful and offered us a Graco one instead that was 25 more but it wasnt the style we wanted so we go a refund!
Could anyone recommend a car seat to suit from birth, its just that my son is quite long but only 4 months old and 16lbs so it needs to be reward facing, the seat we have at the moment should suit up to 6 months?!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
loudun
Elder
Elder

Female
Number of posts : 1238
Registration date : 2007-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Car Seats!   Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:25 am

Oh hun that's bad that the seat was no good...glad the lady in the shop was helpful though....can't say i know what kind of car seat is good as i was given mine and it was imported from america...good luck at finding a new one....

p.s i know what you mean about having a long baby as my son was the same....xxx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
maz1981

Female
Number of posts : 491
Registration date : 2007-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Car Seats!   Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:40 am

I had to put my son in a forward facing seat at about 4 months too as he was long and heavy we brough maxi cosy and we r still very pleased with it the good thing is you can tilt it back so when they are small there heads wont fall forward!!! i do know that my health visitor said that to go in a forward facing seat they have got to be able to hold there own head!!! xxxxxx

Grown-up
Grown-up

Female
Number of posts : 509
Registration date : 2007-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Car Seats!   Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:41 am

He holds his own head up really well, but he is at the stage where he tries to sit up but just ends up leaning forward, do you think he would be ok in a forward facing seat then? I seen a seat yesterday that looked really nice but wasnt sure as i wanted rear facing until he was the correct weight.
This is the one that i have been looking at as it is very padded etc.
http://www.toysrus.co.uk/Product.aspx/bruhome/brutravel/brutravelcarseats/brutravelcarseatsforward/729353

It does state that it is either 9 months or 20lbs, he is only 4 months but weighing 16lbs so not far of really!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
loudun
Elder
Elder

Female
Number of posts : 1238
Registration date : 2007-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Car Seats!   Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:14 pm

shez you better start feeding him up.......LOL

the seat looks lovely but i am not sure if i would risk it...xxxx

good luck