HomeHome  BabyTalk ExtraBabyTalk Extra  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Plastic surgery

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
skorpy

Female
Number of posts : 1789
Registration date : 2006-08-08

PostSubject: Plastic surgery   Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:33 am

I asked my Dr about getting help with getting my ear's pinned back,I hate them and they stick out which is why I never wear my hair up. He said I can blame Toni Blair for that one as this was one of the thing's he took off his list,(help with NHS on Plastic surgery). But he will see what he can do for me and get in contact with me. I am annoyed because my Nephew's girlfrend just had boob implant's on the NHS. I am annoyed because,I can understand her being concious because of them being small,but she went from an A cup to a double D.Which I think is stupid. Why not a B cup or C cup which is normal..now that is taking advantage and the surgery was stupid to allow her to go up to that size if it's a case of being strict with surgery. And there is me wanting something done that actually affects the way I feel. I laid it on thick saying I wont go back to beautician work because of the fact I have to wear my hair up.

Female
Number of posts : 2050
Registration date : 2006-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Plastic surgery   Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:14 am

Hmm I have to agree with you on that one. I think its ridiculos she's gone up to a D lol. A few years back I was wanting implants, but now I'm quite happy with my B cups LOL. They are pert and suit me. Besides you have to maintain them, and i dont think you get that on the NHS. I dont get why some ppl can abuse the NHS like that, no wonder its in a shambles. It should only be used for severe cases, not for people wanting to show off their new 'rack' for all the men to oogle lol.

Also, my sister in law is getting a boob job but she already has a c cup?!!! She's going to a DD, i think she's stupid and should be happy with what she has, geez.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
saraho

Female
Number of posts : 980
Registration date : 2007-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Plastic surgery   Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:34 am

well my childrens aunt (i dont speak to her ) she had her ears done by the nhs last year and to be honest she didnt really need it done........as for a boob job i would love one lol but would have to go private dont think i'd get it done on the nhs and wouldnt expect too xx

Grown-up
Grown-up

Female
Number of posts : 509
Registration date : 2007-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Plastic surgery   Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:29 am

I know a couple of people that have had boob jobs, i wont be needing one though as i already have a D cup, but i spose a boob job would keep them nice and purt!!!

Like you say though Skorpy lay it on thick and they will hopefully sort something out for you hun.

My friend has just had a baby boy and he has a tag on his ear and she wants to get that taken off and that seems to be taking ages to sort out, she wants to get it done whilst he is still young!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
~xHannahx~

Female
Number of posts : 780
Registration date : 2006-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Plastic surgery   Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:10 am

i can believe they have taken it off the list !! thats madness :O(

my opinion is that breast enlargements shouldnt be on there anyway .... i know that may sound a bit harsh but the emotional strain that come from having small boobs ..... can be sorted in other ways and some peoples frames just arent able to support the inplants when they are done ...

i do however agree with breast reductions .... because having big boobs is a real strain on the physical person and can be cripling !!

hmm .... ok rant over !! lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rebecca-Jayne

Female

PostSubject: Re: Plastic surgery   Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:36 am

Skorpy, have you heard anything about getting your ears done?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alice
Infant
Infant

Female
Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2008-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Plastic surgery   Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:12 am

Hello...

I have a huge comment to add here! I was going to get my boobies done on the NHS and i was very very depressed about the size of them! They were a size 36a and i was near enough compleatly flat cheasted. The NHS were great, i had to see a counceller and lots of diffrent doctors and they agreed to do the op. BUT they would only take me up 1 or maby 2 sizes. I was'nt happy with this and wanted them bigger, i felt if i was going through the pain of a serious op then i wanted the full works. Unless u have a flat cheat then u will never know the dissapiontment or depressment of having no boob's, u cant wear normal clothes, u look like a child. I felt mother nature had cheated me in a way, i would of been happy with a B cup at least but a Tiny A! Any how i fell pregnant and the op was put on hold. After giving birth i moved and the doctors here refused to do it. I finally paid private and got a lovely set of 36DD's. Yes it was expensive but im such a diffrent person and happy person it was worth every penny!
I understand the stress u must have with ur ears and i think ur doctor was complealty out of order and should refere you to a plastic surgon! But as to ur sister in law i know the suffering she went through and i envy the fact she got a good set of boobies on the NHS. If they are going to pay then why not get what u wanted.

I would go and see a diffrent doctor, get a diffrent opinion. I hope u get what u want hun. Please dont take this message a diffrent way i just want u guys to hear it for someone who was in the same position!

:)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rebecca-Jayne

Female

PostSubject: Re: Plastic surgery   Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:45 am

My sis in law wasnt getting them done on the NHS, she was going private. Since then, she has fostered 2 more kids and hasnt had the time to go through with the op. She is currently a C cup. No need to go bigger lol.

Good on your for getting them done and now your happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alice
Infant
Infant

Female

PostSubject: Re: Plastic surgery   Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:59 am

Thanks hun. I am a compleatly diffrent person! It made me more a women x
Back to top Go down
View user profile
skorpy

Female

PostSubject: Re: Plastic surgery   Sat Feb 09, 2008 4:22 am

Rebecca-Jayne wrote:
Skorpy, have you heard anything about getting your ears done?

They turned it down :(

Said my ears are not that bad enough to have them pinned. Wish they were in my shoes to feel how I feel

Female

PostSubject: Re: Plastic surgery   Sat Feb 09, 2008 4:59 am

:( Thats sad. How much is it to go private? Have you looked into it? You could always try and save up :(
Back to top Go down
View user profile
skorpy

Female

PostSubject: Re: Plastic surgery   Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:56 am

Rebecca-Jayne wrote:
:( Thats sad. How much is it to go private? Have you looked into it? You could always try and save up :(

I would be 50 by the time I saved up enough.Be no point by then.So angry about the whole outcome.

Infant
Infant

Female

PostSubject: Re: Plastic surgery   Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:17 am

Im really sorry to hear that hun, That sucks! Could u not see another doctor?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
skorpy

Female

PostSubject: Re: Plastic surgery   Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:20 pm

Alice wrote:
Im really sorry to hear that hun, That sucks! Could u not see another doctor?

My Doctor has been my Doctor since I was born..my parents doctor before I was born.He is brillient and did his utmost to help me.But only so much he can do.It is not down to him,but has to go before a panel of high Doctors who is in charge of that area of work.

But for me ,it was not to be. :(

Grown-up
Grown-up

Female
Number of posts : 597
Registration date : 2007-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Plastic surgery   Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:10 am

sorry to hear that hun
xxxxxxx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
loudun