HomeHome  BabyTalk ExtraBabyTalk Extra  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Dr appointment update

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
knitty1974
NewBorn
NewBorn

Female
Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2007-08-02

PostSubject: Dr appointment update   Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:10 am

Well I went and saw my DR yesterday about not ovulating. Very mixed reply from him and not sure I understand what he is saying, so maybe someone on here can help!

I told him :-

end of April came off the pill
May ovulated (I know because I used OPK)
June and July normal period no ovulation (according to OPK)

He says :-

because I ovulated in May and have not ovulated since, there could be a problem because it is not normal to stop ovulating once you have started, then says because my periods have returned I am ovulating, and it can happen from day 9 - day 20 there is no exact day, so to have sex every 2 days minimum during that time. He says that the OPK kits don't work and I should not use them! He then prints out some info from the NHS that says 'you may ovulate one month and not the next' so what is the right answer? I am confused!

So we are going to try from day 9 - 20 and see what happens if nothing happens after 6 months then I am to go back to him. Oh and I am not using OPK's anymore.

I can't help feeling that falling pregnant is luck, and has nothing to do with OPK's, sex on schedule etc etc. Maybe I am wrong but how can so many people fall pregnant and they don't monitor ovulation, cervical fluid etc etc.

Has anyone else heard of this?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
skorpy

Female
Number of posts : 1789
Registration date : 2006-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Dr appointment update   Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:34 am

I was just going to mention CF,then read the bottom of your thread. I went by my CF ,it never failed.But it is right to have intercourse every 2 days,although some people find it hard to keep up.

Usually the best time is smack bang in the middle of your cycle. Doing it by CF is not very flattering,but it works best. Ovulation kits is an expensive buisness

Elder
Elder

Female
Number of posts : 1238
Registration date : 2007-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Dr appointment update   Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:23 am

sorry what's CF?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rebecca-Jayne

Female
Number of posts : 2050
Registration date : 2006-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Dr appointment update   Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:25 am

Cervical fluid. I think thats the best way to tell when ones ovulating imo :)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
debee
Toddler
Toddler

Female
Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2007-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Dr appointment update   Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:01 am

hiya
i had 2 periods in 8 months when i came of the pill to try for jack , had just got my appointment through when bingo found i was pg , but according to the bloods i had done wasnt ovulating ?? the dr reconds i must just ovulate every six months or so instead of every month had jack last november , and think its still a miracle i got him , periods have now gone eratic again since havin him only had 2 and hes 9 months old so having bloods took tmorrow to see whats goin on , dont want any more babies but feel bloated all the time so want it sorting , basically saying to you dont give up keep tying and fingers crossed it will happen soon ,

love deb
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rebecca-Jayne

Female
Number of posts : 2050
Registration date : 2006-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Dr appointment update   Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:05 pm

My sister has trouble with her periods too. She doesnt have many. She has a condition called PCOS. According to that, its hard to get pregnant if you have it. She went on a special PCOS diet and caught within 2 months!! Its worth looking into Debee, you never know :)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
knitty1974
NewBorn
NewBorn

Female
Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2007-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Dr appointment update   Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:33 am

Thanks everyone for the lovely messages!

Fingers crossed it does happen soon, as I really would like a baby now, but I am determined to not get stressed about it!

Joint SW on Monday to help with my weight now and if I do fall can do it whilst preggers as well!

How do you check CF, sorry if it needs to be graphic but I have never done that!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
skorpy

Female
Number of posts : 1789
Registration date : 2006-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Dr appointment update   Wed Aug 08, 2007 5:54 am

ok to check for CF I am afraid you will need to use your fingers.But it is very graphic.

Cervical fluid when ovulating is very much like raw egg white. if it stretchies between you fingers to a good length then you are at your most fertile time.

Cervix has a dimple in the middle that will open and close in non fertile time and fertile time

Not ovulating
When your cervix is low and closed and firm,you are not fertile and not ovulating.

ovulating
Cervix is high and harder to reach with your finger tips,it is softer and open... (open meaning the middle of your cervix)

You can feel the difference from right after your period as it will be firm,closed and low down to when you are getting closer to ovulating.When ovulating it will rise higher and will be harder to reach with your finger tips.

here is a site that will help more
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/HelpCenter/FFBook/ff_fertility_signs.html#19

NewBorn
NewBorn

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2007-01-09

PostSubject: Re: Dr appointment update   Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:10 am

i try really hard not to do opks temp etc as i know ill become obsessed with baby making im bad enough as it is so i just make sure we ave sex lots which is always fun lol x x x x
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dr appointment update   

Back to top Go down

Dr appointment update
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1