HomeHome  BabyTalk ExtraBabyTalk Extra  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Help

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
maz1981

Female
Number of posts : 491
Registration date : 2007-05-23

PostSubject: Help   Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:20 am

whelp God sometimes i feel its one thing after the other with Callum poor lil soul. Well just as we seem to be getting on top of eating sleeping and pooing there are 2 new bloody problems!!!! First is Callum has a tightning of the foreskin which is causing discomfort when he pees and if he gets an erection, we are just trying to make the decission on wether to operate now or wait, does any one have any experience of this???
Then at christmas Callum started to stutter thought it was a one of through excitement but its stuck some times its better than others and some times its awful it went for a week and i was soooo please but this week its come back so now i have to proceed to let the H.V refere us to a speach therapist again does any one have or had experience with this???

Its such a shame because all this is really upsetting for him and he is already a very sensitive little boy. Any tips or advice on either would be a great help.

Thanks xxxxxxx

Female
Number of posts : 2050
Registration date : 2006-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Help   Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:14 am

Well Aiden had a small problem with a stutter, it was down to him thinking. When he was trying to think of the words, he couldnt think fast enough for his mouth lol. He's 5 now and has grown out of it, so dont worry about it too much. Just talk to the HV and she'll probably monitor him.

That forskin problem is common in older men too, ive read about it in magazines. The agony aunt always reccomends the Op.

Hope all is well xxx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
skorpy

Female
Number of posts : 1789
Registration date : 2006-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Help   Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:01 am

awww poor guy.

Have you asked for advice from your local Doctor?

Elder
Elder

Female
Number of posts : 1238
Registration date : 2007-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Help   Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:05 am

I know of kids what have had the op done and they have been fine afterwards, i think it is better to do it now, as when he goes to school or nursery or what ever could be more difficult, i looked after a little boy that had it done when he was 7 and he was really embarrest at school.....

Duncan use to stutter but it was also because his brain didn't go as fast as his mouth.....

hope that helps...

xxxx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chryssa
Toddler
Toddler

Female
Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2007-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Help   Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:35 pm

hug No advice really, but I hope he feels better soon xxx