HomeHome  BabyTalk ExtraBabyTalk Extra  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

are the type of parent you imagined you would be?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
maxine
Infant
Infant

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2007-01-01

PostSubject: are the type of parent you imagined you would be?   Sat Jan 06, 2007 8:19 am

I dont know about you but even when i was young there were things i promised i wouldnt do that my parents did, and things i promised i would do. I had the idea i would very much be a 'green' mum etc....

But as a mum i mostly bottlefed, used disposable nappies and let my babies sleep in their cots....

I promised i would make sure my kids teeth get brushed every single night...but on the odd occasion i dont!

You get the idea! so are you the type of parent you imagined youself to be?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
skorpy

Female
Number of posts : 1789
Registration date : 2006-08-08

PostSubject: Re: are the type of parent you imagined you would be?   Sat Jan 06, 2007 8:24 am

To be honest,I didnt think about parenthood when I was younger.I wasnt the kiddi type.

But now I am, I believe I could be a better mum,I sometimes forget to have them brush theor teeth,not meaning that I cant be bothered with it...just the fact I am so busy I forget.They eat way too much sweets and chocolate for my liking.I dont think there is any such thing as a perfect parent.

NewBorn
NewBorn

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2006-08-30

PostSubject: Re: are the type of parent you imagined you would be?   Sun Jan 07, 2007 2:20 am

I have not as much patience as I thought I would.

I am tired all the time,too many late nights and early mornings.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
uksammy
Pensioner
Pensioner

Female
Number of posts : 771
Registration date : 2006-09-01

PostSubject: Re: are the type of parent you imagined you would be?   Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:25 pm

I always said I would try and bring up my children like my parents did me, as I feel my parents got everything just right.

I like to think i'm a good Mum, my partner and I make a good team and just hope that it stays that way what with another baby on the way, it's gonna be hard!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/uksammy
~xHannahx~

Female
Number of posts : 780
Registration date : 2006-11-09

PostSubject: Re: are the type of parent you imagined you would be?   Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:31 am

i am in the samemind as you Sammy ... i hope that when the day come for me to have children i can do as good of a job as my mum and dad did with me and my brother Clap
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sarah

Female
Number of posts : 535
Registration date : 2007-01-11

PostSubject: Re: are the type of parent you imagined you would be?   Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:19 am

I wanted to make sure I was the total opposite to my mum and dad. I wanted to show my children love all the time, tell them I love them as much as possible, kiss and cuddle them.
Never let anyone smoke in front of them and protect them as much as I am humanly possible to.

So far so good but I wished I had more patience with my daughter sometimes but unfortunatly I have inherrited that bit from both my mum and my dad :(

But I will try harder xx

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://chocolatemummys.proboards82.com/index.cgi
Janey
child
child

Female
Number of posts : 203
Registration date : 2007-01-13

PostSubject: Re: are the type of parent you imagined you would be?   Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:29 pm

I'm sure your a great mum Sophies mummy! Motherhood is a learning curve for everyone.. I too don't have a lot of patience sometimes and I know I need to be more reasonable.
My parents weren't very outwardly loving with me. There were no cuddles or real bond..
I always tell my children I love them and cuddle them lots. I always make sure I praise them no matter how small the thing in question may seem to be.
My parents never praised or encouraged me as a child.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.slimmingworldsupport.editboard.com
xJennax
child
child

Number of posts : 183
Registration date : 2007-01-08

PostSubject: Re: are the type of parent you imagined you would be?   Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:15 am

Well not as perfect,but I think every woman thinks they would be the best mum before children come along.They dont realise what hard work it is,and can only do their best.I myself have no patience whats so ever,so that is my downfall.

I love my little girl to bits,and she is really not at that sort of age to cause me any bother,but I will have to try and control the fact that I know I have zero patience.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sarah

Female
Number of posts : 535
Registration date : 2007-01-11

PostSubject: Re: are the type of parent you imagined you would be?   Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:02 am

I never thought it would be easy being a mum but I think its much easier than I actually thought it would be! maybe i'm weird lol

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://chocolatemummys.proboards82.com/index.cgi
tia's mummy
Toddler
Toddler

Female
Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2007-01-12

PostSubject: Re: are the type of parent you imagined you would be?   Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:55 am

i must admit im not the type of mum i would b tbh Ohdear
i think i am worse at it than i thought cry but parent hood doesnt come with a manual does it !!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kellytimestwo
child
child

Female
Number of posts : 214
Registration date : 2006-11-22

PostSubject: Re: are the type of parent you imagined you would be?   Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:32 pm

I was so afraid to be a mother. I am not close with my mom and I thought it would be difficult to bond with my baby. But the minute I laid eyes on her, I was in love. I always tell her I love her, I have patience most of the time and I can't stand to be away from her. She is only four months old, so I hope as time goes on I will continue to be as compassionate and patient as I am now. No one could have ever told me how wonderful it is to be a mom! I think I am doing a much better job than I could have imagined! Applause
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: are the type of parent you imagined you would be?   

Back to top Go down

are the type of parent you imagined you would be?
Page 1 of 1