HomeHome  BabyTalk ExtraBabyTalk Extra  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Choosing to breastfeed or bottlefeed

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
maxine
Infant
Infant

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2007-01-01

PostSubject: Choosing to breastfeed or bottlefeed   Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:51 am

this is for those that had the choice as sometimes breastfeeding cant be done for medical reasons etc...but when you thought about feeding your baby, did you straight away know what you wanted to do? or did you have a think about it///what made you make your mind up?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
uksammy
Pensioner
Pensioner

Female
Number of posts : 771
Registration date : 2006-09-01

PostSubject: Re: Choosing to breastfeed or bottlefeed   Sat Jan 13, 2007 1:15 pm

I already decided I wanted to breastfeed Kerrie, so I did straight away.

I knew it was best for baby, I don't want her having asthma and its good for their imune system. Touch wood Kerrie has been very healthy and has only had 2 colds as illnesses in 18 months.

It is very hard though and I almost gave up, but glad I didn't.

I also wanted to do it for myself, helps get ur body back in shape! It's cheaper than formula milk too!!

Hopefully I will breastfeed next buba too Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/uksammy
Vonnie
NewBorn
NewBorn

Female
Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2007-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Choosing to breastfeed or bottlefeed   Sat Jan 13, 2007 2:51 pm

I decided that I wanted to breastfeed Dillon, however I ended up bottle feeding after 4 days...he was using me a soother and I was worried that he wasnt gettin enoug milk, plus my nipples were extremely sore and cracked. When I ws pg with Kerr I said that I didnt want to go thru that again so decided t just bottle feed straight away! I dont think that they will suffer from this though so it doesnt bother me that much

xx
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.Vonniexx.bebo.com
Kazzy
Toddler
Toddler

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2006-12-14

PostSubject: Re: Choosing to breastfeed or bottlefeed   Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:57 am

Ouch

I think i'll breastfeed for sure :)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kellytimestwo
child
child

Female
Number of posts : 214
Registration date : 2006-11-22

PostSubject: Re: Choosing to breastfeed or bottlefeed   Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:57 am

I knew that it was the best thing for my baby and for me so I read and researched as much as I could before she was born. Once she arrived, she was a natural...she latched on so well and had no problems. I was a little sore for a while, but I used lanolin ointment and that helped tremendously! She will be four months old tomorrow and we are still going strong. The most important thing is to educate yourself as much as possible before the baby arrives and know that it will be challenging in the beginning. However, after a few weeks you will see how easy it can be.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Janey
child
child

Female
Number of posts : 203
Registration date : 2007-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Choosing to breastfeed or bottlefeed   Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:35 am

I chose to breastfeed my eldest daughter, but I'm afraid it was an uphill struggle..She just wouldn't take to the breast, which in turn made me depressed. I battled for 6 months and even had a breast feeding councillor visit me at home. Eventually I gave up and my relationship with my daughter improved dramatically.

My son was a different matter because he was fed with lipids through an intravenous tube for 6 weeks whilst he was in special care.. Because of the nature of his illness his intestines wouldn't have been able to process milk.
I expressed and threw away for 6 whole weeks to keep my milk supply going until such a time as he could have milk.
it transpires that he was actually intolerant to breast milk and formula milk and had to be fed a product called "Pepti Junior"
It looked and smelt disgusting but he absolutely loved it..The neonatal staff said they'd never known a baby to actually like the stuff

My youngest daughter however was absolutely wonderful. I was determined that I was going to breast feed her, and moments after the birth she latched on and fed beautifully.
The only problem was of course was weaning her off the breast as she got older. She was 3 years old before I finally managed to get her off!!!! doh

Last edited by on Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.slimmingworldsupport.editboard.com
Rebecca-Jayne

Female
Number of posts : 2050
Registration date : 2006-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Choosing to breastfeed or bottlefeed   Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:31 am

If at first you dont succed, try, try, try again! Very Happy hehe Welldone
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Janey
child
child

Female

PostSubject: Re: Choosing to breastfeed or bottlefeed   Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:43 am

Well it was certainly 3rd time lucky for me!
I'd wanted to wean her once she was two, but she was having none of it. It even got to the point where when we were sitting on the bus, she try to get my boob out!!!

Her favourite saying of that time was "Titty mamma" How embarrasing?! blush
Back to top Go down
Rebecca-Jayne

Female

PostSubject: Re: Choosing to breastfeed or bottlefeed   Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:09 am

Janey wrote:
I'd wanted to wean her once she was two, but she was having none of it. It even got to the point where when we were sitting on the bus, she try to get my boob out!!!

sorry but.... Too Funny lmao thats too funny, kids eh?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Janey
child
child

Female

PostSubject: Re: Choosing to breastfeed or bottlefeed   Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:13 am

I often remind her of her favourite saying and she goes mad with me and gets all embarrassed.. Like I tell her, just how embarrasing does she think it was for me at the time!! ::lmao::
Back to top Go down
Rebecca-Jayne

Female

PostSubject: Re: Choosing to breastfeed or bottlefeed   Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:21 am

Hahaha, oh well, at least you can get her back for it now muhahaha Bleh2
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kazzy
Toddler
Toddler

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2006-12-14

PostSubject: Re: Choosing to breastfeed or bottlefeed   Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:50 pm

Janey wrote:

Too Funny Dear Lord, thats hilarious!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Janey
child
child

Female

PostSubject: Re: Choosing to breastfeed or bottlefeed   Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:36 pm

Do you know, she's 9 now, but when she comes for a cuddle which is lots..she STILL tries to grope my boob.. She doesn't even realise she's doing it.. Her little hands just wander when she dozes off. ::ahh::
Back to top Go down
kellytimestwo
child
child

Female
Number of posts : 214
Registration date : 2006-11-22

PostSubject: Re: Choosing to breastfeed or bottlefeed   Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:16 pm

lol! I can't stop laughing!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Choosing to breastfeed or bottlefeed   

Back to top Go down

Choosing to breastfeed or bottlefeed
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1