HomeHome  BabyTalk ExtraBabyTalk Extra  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Child Protection ...... i've had such a horrid day :O(

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
~xHannahx~

Female
Number of posts : 780
Registration date : 2006-11-09

PostSubject: Child Protection ...... i've had such a horrid day :O(   Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:19 pm

Hey everyone

i dont really know where to start with this one ... so bare with me

As many of you know i work with children, and my main job is that i run and maintain a after school and holiday club near where i live ....

and with that come the responsiblity of child protection ....

Yesterday i started back at work and i had a welcome back/ catch up meeting with my boss... which was fab .. apart from her telling me about a little girl that has just joined us and which she has concerns about.

By which she asked if today i could observe the child and report back anything i thought was suspicious..... sad

now ... i am a really caring person and even knowing that i would be doing this pulled on my heart strings ...

but i went in today with an open mind and did my job ....

We do what is called a Walking Bus which brings children from another school to our club... which this little girl was a part of so i went to pick her up ....

and i have never in my career or life seen such a fragile scared little girl... she was clinging on to the teacher because it was the first time she had seen me ....it was just awful

after this she cried and cried all the way back to club ... until i managed to calm her down ....we sat in a quiet corner of the room and i noticed a little cut on her face ...

i said "oh where did that come from?"

"mummy did it ....when she grabbed me"

cryy

i had to leave the room ... i cried for what seemed like forever !!

and that was only 30 mins in to my afternoon ... so i guess you have an idea of the rest of the afternoon .....

and at the end i handed all my notes to my boss ... and we phoned social services.

and i then had to be polite and happy smiley to her mum .... when she came to pick her up .... Banghead

Child protection is such a fabulous thing and i am so glad that i am able to help the children who need help.... but it is soooo awful to sit and observe, and then hand them back ... because there is nothing we can do right then cryin

thanks for listening :O)

xxHxx

apologies if this is in the wrong place .. i couldnt think whereto put it just wanted to ... get it all out x
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xJennax
child
child

Number of posts : 183
Registration date : 2007-01-08

PostSubject: Re: Child Protection ...... i've had such a horrid day :O(   Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:45 am

awwww how awful. I would have cried too.It just goes and shows what some children have to live with.

Good on you Hannah
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rebecca-Jayne

Female
Number of posts : 2050
Registration date : 2006-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Child Protection ...... i've had such a horrid day :O(   Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:01 pm

Oh dear.

Well i hope that it all gets sorted and her parents are not cruel or neglecting her, and I hope that the small cut on her face was by accident, maybe mum caught her with her nails or something like that while trying to get hold of her. Who knows.

Hope it gets resolved asap :( Poor kid
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xJennax
child
child

Number of posts : 183
Registration date : 2007-01-08

PostSubject: Re: Child Protection ...... i've had such a horrid day :O(   Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:04 pm

B3ckie wrote:
Oh dear.

Well i hope that it all gets sorted and her parents are not cruel or neglecting her, and I hope that the small cut on her face was by accident, maybe mum caught her with her nails or something like that while trying to get hold of her. Who knows.

Hope it gets resolved asap :( Poor kid

Thats very true,Children will say mummy or daddy did it,even if it was an accident,because they still did do it afterall.Hope the truth comes out
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Janey
child
child

Female
Number of posts : 203
Registration date : 2007-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Child Protection ...... i've had such a horrid day :O(   Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:00 pm

Hi Hannah,
It must have been a very difficult situation to deal with.
Hopefully your boss's suspicions won't become a reality, but be prepared that she and yourself might be right and that the child is in danger.
The thing is, so many children slip through the net as far as ill-treatment and abuse goes.
So you have to follow up any causes for concern.
Think of it this way, if it is that this child is in fact being ill-treated, you have saved her and are protecting her.
If it turns out that there was no cause for concern and the cut was really an accident, then there's nothing to worry about for the mother, and all is well.
Your too be commended for what you did..but I know it doesn't make it any less upsetting for you.

Hugs

Janey x
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.slimmingworldsupport.editboard.com
loudun
Elder
Elder

Female
Number of posts : 1238
Registration date : 2007-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Child Protection ...... i've had such a horrid day :O(   Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:25 am

I think you do a great job and there should be more people out there look out for these kids....i hope the little girl is ok...

Have you heard anything else about the case or not yet?

hope all is well
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Child Protection ...... i've had such a horrid day :O(   

Back to top Go down

Child Protection ...... i've had such a horrid day :O(
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1