HomeHome  BabyTalk ExtraBabyTalk Extra  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Parents with Children from Newborn to 5 years old

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
skorpy

Female
Number of posts : 1789
Registration date : 2006-08-08

PostSubject: Parents with Children from Newborn to 5 years old   Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:31 am

If you would like Advice or just to chat about you Children,feel free

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://babytalk.megabb.com
skorpy

Female

PostSubject: Re: Parents with Children from Newborn to 5 years old   Sun Oct 08, 2006 11:43 am

What do you guys think?

Just started Kai on a dummy.After my 12 old having one up untill the age of 5,I vowed never to try a Dummy again..It was a struggle at night when he dropped it and having to get up and give him it back and at the age of 5 it was hard work getting him off it.

My Daughter courtney aged 3 this month never had a Dummy,she never needed one.But my newborn was drinking his milk in dribs and drabs and wouldnt sleep,was so restless and then half hour later wanted more.After lots of thought it accured to me it wasnt the milk he wanted,it was comfort sucking.And with him not being well for the past week,I went out after speaking to my hubby and him agreeing,I got him a Dummy and he loves it.He is straight out like a light and looks so much more pieceful.

But have I done te right thing,I am worried it will be hard getting him off it and the nights up finding his Dummy that hes dropped while sleeping.

Teenager
Teenager

Female
Number of posts : 319
Registration date : 2006-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Parents with Children from Newborn to 5 years old   Sun Oct 08, 2006 2:14 pm

Jewlie has one 2 I dont think its a bad thing. Wen she wakes up its feeding time 4 her than she dosent want the dummy anymore its all about mommy feed me. Really I think ur son has a new discovery if it keeps him satisfied 4 the night than maybe its no problem. Im nervous about in the future will it be easy 2 take her off it also bc sometimes they get 2 attached. My cousin was 4 and they had 2 basicly force the dummy away. but skorpy I think hes fine 4 now wit it. Very Happy o by the way hows ur nights with ur baby? r they sleepless?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
skorpy

Female

PostSubject: Re: Parents with Children from Newborn to 5 years old   Sun Oct 08, 2006 2:33 pm

Lastnight was the best night ever...fed him at 11pm and he didnt wake untill 2.10am,then again at 6.05am where he had another feed and then it was 8.40am.My Daughter slept in too so it was nice. But the nights before have been every 2 sometimes 3 hours,been very tiring.

How about you?

Teenager
Teenager

Female
Number of posts : 319
Registration date : 2006-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Parents with Children from Newborn to 5 years old   Sun Oct 08, 2006 2:43 pm

wow thats good that u got 1 night in huh? must of felt good 2 sleep a lil bit. last night 4 me was not so good n she usely sleeps the night except last night she was up till 4 am ugh im soo tired lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EmmaLouise
Infant
Infant

Female
Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2007-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Parents with Children from Newborn to 5 years old   Wed May 09, 2007 1:41 am

Aimee has a dummy too and if all goes to plan she will be giving it to santa this year..you did the right thing hun..aimee was restless and thats why i gave her a dummy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
skorpy

Female

PostSubject: Re: Parents with Children from Newborn to 5 years old   Wed May 09, 2007 1:50 am

Kai is 8 months on the 14th of this month and I managed too get him out of his dummy at 6 months.I vowed never too go further then that purely because my eldest son was 6 years old before I could get him totally off the dummy.It was a nightmare.

Elder
Elder

Female
Number of posts : 1238
Registration date : 2007-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Parents with Children from Newborn to 5 years old   Wed May 09, 2007 3:37 am

My son is 3 past in jan and he still has a dummie and it is hell trying to get him off it.....i have tryed the santa trick the easter bunny trick but no luck yet...xxx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shrram
Infant
Infant

Female
Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2007-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Parents with Children from Newborn to 5 years old   Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:48 pm

My eldest daughter came off her dummy at 2 yrs, but found she was an all or nothing kind of girl. so just took it away she cried 4 it a couple of times but kept telling her she's my big girl and she soon forgot about it. My youngest is 22 mths and loves her dummy and I know I won't be able 2 just take hers away like that so I have got a colourful pot so that when she wakes up in the morning and after her daytime nap she takes her dummy out and puts it into the pot. This is working brilliantly as she knows she can have it only when she's sleeping which is also stopping her from being so dependent on it. I believe all children like 2 have some sort of comforter and a dummy is alot easier 2 remove than a thumb lol x
Back to top Go down
View user profile
yummy_mummy_lizzy
NewBorn
NewBorn

Female
Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2007-06-17

PostSubject: Re: Parents with Children from Newborn to 5 years old   Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:52 pm

loudun wrote:
My son is 3 past in jan and he still has a dummie and it is hell trying to get him off it.....i have tryed the santa trick the easter bunny trick but no luck yet...xxx

a few things to try if your still having trouble (don't know if you'll read this but hey...)

1) cut the teat off all the dummies...makes it hard to suck them! lol
2) i invented the fairy dummy who takes the dummies from "big boys and girls" and gives them to newborns who really need them!
3) just chuck them out one night and say they've gone missing and lost (wait until a birthday or xmas when hey have toys to do it, basicly because (a)they'll be distracted and (b)you can say "oh they've gone now but look at this wonderful toy ... you've got, lets play" and it's easier to take their mind off the "loss"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
debee
Toddler
Toddler

Female
Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2007-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Parents with Children from Newborn to 5 years old   Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:34 am

kieran got rid of his at 12 months he just decided he didnt want it anymore ,amy and lee thats a different story ,they were both 4 , they didnt have it in the day just for bed , and only you lot and there dad know they had it till then lol
then i just had enough and demanded they gave it to me no bribery or anything just give me that and to my suprise they just handed them over ?
debxx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
loudun
Elder
Elder

Female

PostSubject: Re: Parents with Children from Newborn to 5 years old   Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:10 am

@ yummy mummy lizzy, thanks for the advice, tryed everything but it didn't work. " weeks ago he lost his dummy and since then he has not has one, his father gave him one last weekend when he was at his and i thought i would have a problem when he came home but it was fine, so at last my son has no dummy more, i am so proud of him.....xxxx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
leighann
Grown-up
Grown-up

Female
Number of posts : 597
Registration date : 2007-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Parents with Children from Newborn to 5 years old   Sun Aug 26, 2007 2:44 pm

alfie is 14 months and sometimes he wants it some times he dont. he goes to bed with it it and by the morning its on floor and he forgets about it the only time he cry for it is when he not well .........
Back to top Go down
View user profile
saraho

Female
Number of posts : 980
Registration date : 2007-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Parents with Children from Newborn to 5 years old   Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:58 am

morgan is 19mths she has had a dummy from early on but she only has it at bed time she dosent bother with it throughout the day...i have tried to take it off her but she gets upset so will leave it a bit longer xx

Elder
Elder

Female

PostSubject: Re: Parents with Children from Newborn to 5 years old   Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:03 am

Well all is still going well with duncan he has now no longer had a dummy for 3 weeks and he doesn't even ask for it now, i am just so pleased i didn't take it a way sooner as i think he was ready (himself) this time and it has worked.......:-)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rebecca-Jayne

Female
Number of posts : 2050
Registration date : 2006-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Parents with Children from Newborn to 5 years old   Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:33 am

woohoo! Welldone Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chryssa
Toddler
Toddler

Female
Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2007-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Parents with Children from Newborn to 5 years old   Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:26 am

Efe got rid of his at 9 moths, but I didn't like it at the time because he was breastfeeding and he wanted to BF even more when after he stopped having the dummy...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Parents with Children from Newborn to 5 years old   

Back to top Go down

Parents with Children from Newborn to 5 years old
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1