HomeHome  BabyTalk ExtraBabyTalk Extra  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Abortion!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
debbie Odell
child
child

Female
Number of posts : 212
Registration date : 2007-01-11

PostSubject: Abortion!   Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:13 pm

I was surfing the net and found this horrible site of all these babys that had been aborted and just wanted to get some of your views on the option.

I personally dont think it should be legal unless the mother or childs life is at danger other than that I think its murder!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kellytimestwo
child
child

Female
Number of posts : 214
Registration date : 2006-11-22

PostSubject: Re: Abortion!   Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:23 pm

I personally am against it, unless like you stated the mother's life is in jeopardy or some extreme circumstance. Nowadays it seems as though a lot of the younger generation is using it as a form of birth control. A few years ago I worked w/ a girl who was at the time 20 years old. She had had 3 abortions! I was so disgusted by her. She was a total party girl and had no consequences for her actions. There should definately be some limitations or laws or something govening abortion. I also work in court and have been in several hearings where the girls are under 18 and go before the judge so they do not even have to get their parents consent to get it done! Even if it is called an embryo, it has a beating heart and in my opinion is a human life that is being taken. I have heard about some of those websites that show the fetus after it has been taken out. I wouldn't want to see it. I think it is awful.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Janey
child
child

Female
Number of posts : 203
Registration date : 2007-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Abortion!   Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:08 pm

Personally I think that abortion is up to the person deciding to have one..There are many reasons why people terminate their pregnancies and I think if the baby was going to be born severely deformed and with no quality of life, then they feel this is the only option for them.
I personally could never do such a thing and have certainly never contemplated having one.
My sister however has had 2 abortions as a quick fix for her carelessness. I only found this out about 2 weeks ago off one of my other sisters. She is apparently determined never to have any kids and the doctor has suggested that she opt for a sterilization. She has agreed but it's a shame she has had to end two lives before getting off her arse and doing something constructive to prevent getting pregnant in the first place.

As for these websites that show the aborted Fetus, they are very sick.. What a cruel and horrid thing to put up for public viewing.
How can people be so cruel and callous? sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.slimmingworldsupport.editboard.com
Rebecca-Jayne

Female
Number of posts : 2050
Registration date : 2006-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Abortion!   Fri Feb 02, 2007 3:51 am

I think that anyone who allows those sort of pictures for public viewing are sick and disturb. I would never want to look at something so sinister.

IMO, i think abortion should be allowed in certian situations. But, i dont agree with woman using it as a form of birth control, and having 3... IMO if your not ready to have a kid then dont have unprotected sex! For goodness sake, its not rocket sicence. As for girls under age having them, well I think that parents should be told, this will help prevent it from ever happening again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
skorpy

Female
Number of posts : 1789
Registration date : 2006-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Abortion!   Fri Feb 02, 2007 3:57 am

kellytimestwo wrote:
I personally am against it, unless like you stated the mother's life is in jeopardy or some extreme circumstance. Nowadays it seems as though a lot of the younger generation is using it as a form of birth control. A few years ago I worked w/ a girl who was at the time 20 years old. She had had 3 abortions! I was so disgusted by her. She was a total party girl and had no consequences for her actions. There should definately be some limitations or laws or something govening abortion. I also work in court and have been in several hearings where the girls are under 18 and go before the judge so they do not even have to get their parents consent to get it done! Even if it is called an embryo, it has a beating heart and in my opinion is a human life that is being taken. I have heard about some of those websites that show the fetus after it has been taken out. I wouldn't want to see it. I think it is awful.

I have seen one of these sights by accident and I can tell you,the images will haunt me for the rest of my life.I cried my heart out.The world can be so cruel,and the people who does the abortions in my eyes have no soul.

child
child

Female
Number of posts : 203
Registration date : 2007-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Abortion!   Fri Feb 02, 2007 3:59 am

I agree B3ckie,
I think it's just plain wrong that parents aren't kept in the loop about their underage children having abortions. Is it the same law over here in England too?
Abortion can cause all sorts of psychological damage in older people as well as teenagers.
Say for example a young girl has an abortion because they're scared of the consequences etc, and a few months down the line, it eats them up so much they end up with severe depression etc.. How are the parents supposed to offer any kind of support or understand what they're going through if they don't even know what's happened??
The laws an ass in my opinion.
That's not taking into account the physical damage it can do to a young persons body.
I have known people to have an abortion and then in later life they've found out they can't conceive.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.slimmingworldsupport.editboard.com
Rebecca-Jayne

Female
Number of posts : 2050
Registration date : 2006-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Abortion!   Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:07 am

Yes i agree there.

After an abortion you are given tablets to prevent infection, if they arent taken then it can lead to alsorts of complications, leading to infertility. If a young girl has to take these, she should have her parents support to make sure she does actually take them! Yes the law is an ass, dont get me started on that subject lol. Boxing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
uksammy
Pensioner
Pensioner

Female
Number of posts : 771
Registration date : 2006-09-01

PostSubject: Re: Abortion!   Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:39 am

I didn't know these websites exsisted...that's just sick!

I could never have an abortion myself but can understand in some circumstances it may be for the best. Certainly not for young girls just to rely on it as a back up if she does get pregnant though!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/uksammy
newmotherhood
Teenager
Teenager

Female
Number of posts : 319
Registration date : 2006-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Abortion!   Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:13 pm

UGH That opic really gets my stomich to curl I agree on wat u said tho if any of the mom or baby are at risk than do wat has to be done to survive. I cant imagine how anyone meaning both men and women can have even that idea in their head. Let alone women to do such a terribe thing. Honestly its sick. It is murder if it came down to the brime. Wanna know wat I think if your not ready for a baby and set your self to that life than protect your self and if u cant do that than dont have sex. srry for speaking out like that but I gave my opinion. I do know in some cases tho women really dont have chances for protection so with that its just something else. thumbsdown to abortion
Back to top Go down
View user profile
loudun
Elder
Elder

Female
Number of posts : 1238
Registration date : 2007-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Abortion!   Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:49 am

Well i personaly would not have an abortion but i would rather see someone have an abortion instead of the child be neglected....

Everyone to there own, i also do agree that the laws should be stronger and that people should think before the have sex.....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
leighann
Grown-up
Grown-up

Female
Number of posts : 597
Registration date : 2007-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Abortion!   Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:23 am

i agree with loundun they should abort the baby rather then neglect i could not have an abortion myself i think its horrible
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shez
Grown-up
Grown-up

Female
Number of posts : 509
Registration date : 2007-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Abortion!   Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:48 am

I could never have an abortion. My sister had an abortion at the age of 15, but this was due to her age! She is now married to the man that got her pregnant at 15, but they now have a little boy who is 5 years old!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Abortion!   

Back to top Go down

Abortion!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1