HomeHome  BabyTalk ExtraBabyTalk Extra  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

DEBATE: Should prams/pushchairs be allowed in shops?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Rebecca-Jayne

Female
Number of posts : 2050
Registration date : 2006-08-09

PostSubject: DEBATE: Should prams/pushchairs be allowed in shops?   Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:20 am

I know some ppl find it so irratating when they get blocked off or rammed into by a buggy user lol. But should they really be banned?!!

/Discuss.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
loudun
Elder
Elder

Female
Number of posts : 1238
Registration date : 2007-02-11

PostSubject: Re: DEBATE: Should prams/pushchairs be allowed in shops?   Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:09 am

No, i don't think they should be banned.....how will we do our shopping...???
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rebecca-Jayne

Female

PostSubject: Re: DEBATE: Should prams/pushchairs be allowed in shops?   Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:47 am

Yes, excatly. I hate it when ppl turn their nose up because your 'in the way' or whatever, just say bloody excuse me lol.I dont think they will ever ban pushchairs from shops. They will have a mothers riot on their hands if they ever did! lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
uksammy
Pensioner
Pensioner

Female
Number of posts : 771
Registration date : 2006-09-01

PostSubject: Re: DEBATE: Should prams/pushchairs be allowed in shops?   Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:37 am

omg they're not thinking of doing this are they? I couldn't live without going shopping!!!!

Of course they shouldn't be banned...if anything the shops should be made bigger for us..wider ailses and clothes not packed together so much.

Having another baby I have thought long n hard about what type of buggy i'm going to get as I got my proper expensive Quinny got stolen sad so I'm gonna get a tandem...but not a wide one as no shops would let me in!! I have found a good one where the toddler sits in the front and baby at the back and its a wide as a single buggy. Thumbup
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/uksammy
Rebecca-Jayne

Female

PostSubject: Re: DEBATE: Should prams/pushchairs be allowed in shops?   Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:10 am

Sounds like a nice buggy! Very Happy

Do ppl know how hard it is to shop with a buggy AND try and hold a basket too! Yes i think that they should make shopping Aisles wider for us.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bunny
Infant
Infant

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2007-02-21

PostSubject: Re: DEBATE: Should prams/pushchairs be allowed in shops?   Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:27 am

i cant stand ppl like that who look down on ppl with buggies. ive found myself so annoyed with ppl that tut and glare at me that ive rammed my buggy into their ankles on purpose!!! that gave them something to tut about!!!

lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rebecca-Jayne

Female

PostSubject: Re: DEBATE: Should prams/pushchairs be allowed in shops?   Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:47 pm

bunny wrote:
i cant stand ppl like that who look down on ppl with buggies. ive found myself so annoyed with ppl that tut and glare at me that ive rammed my buggy into their ankles on purpose!!! that gave them something to tut about!!!

lol!

HAHA!! Too Funny

Ive done that myself hehehee
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sarah

Female
Number of posts : 535
Registration date : 2007-01-11

PostSubject: Re: DEBATE: Should prams/pushchairs be allowed in shops?   Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:41 am

I don't think they should be banned either.

Yes I've also rammed my buggy into peoples ankles and pretended I didnt notice lol

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://chocolatemummys.proboards82.com/index.cgi
uksammy
Pensioner
Pensioner

Female

PostSubject: Re: DEBATE: Should prams/pushchairs be allowed in shops?   Fri Feb 23, 2007 4:41 am

ha ha u girls are funny...I may try that next time he he
Back to top Go down
Janey
child
child

Female
Number of posts : 203
Registration date : 2007-01-13

PostSubject: Re: DEBATE: Should prams/pushchairs be allowed in shops?   Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:32 am

Hahaha I've heard of road rage, but buggy rage is a new one on me lol!

I don't agree that prams/pushchairs should be banned from shops either. Mothers have a right to shop as much as the next person, infact its mothers that put a lot of the money into companies pockets anyway.
If clothes shops don't want their clothes running over by prams then they should organise the layout of their stands better!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.slimmingworldsupport.editboard.com
loudun
Elder
Elder

Female

PostSubject: Re: DEBATE: Should prams/pushchairs be allowed in shops?   Sun Feb 25, 2007 11:22 am

@ uksammy, have you heard of a buggie board?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dorota
Toddler
Toddler

Female
Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2006-10-29

PostSubject: Re: DEBATE: Should prams/pushchairs be allowed in shops?   Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:28 am

I don't think they should be banned. I had a woman have a go at me because I was in the way with the pram. And she said they shouldn't allow prams or buggies in the shop. So I said to her how does she expect mothers to go shopping. When partners are at work full-time and we can't leave the kids at home on their own or leave them outside the shop. She didn't have an answer to that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
uksammy
Pensioner
Pensioner

Female

PostSubject: Re: DEBATE: Should prams/pushchairs be allowed in shops?   Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:35 am

Yeah I was contemplating a buggy board...but can I be bothered with the hassle of trying to keep Kerrie on it, and as I more often then not walk into town rather than drive, I think a double would be easier...doesn't a buggy board get in the way...i'd probably get my feet stuck under it!?

This is the pushchair I want...let me know what u think??

Back to top Go down
Rebecca-Jayne

Female

PostSubject: Re: DEBATE: Should prams/pushchairs be allowed in shops?   Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:20 am

oo i like that Sammy. Room for boths kiddies and not too big looking either Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
loudun
Elder
Elder

Female

PostSubject: Re: DEBATE: Should prams/pushchairs be allowed in shops?   Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:37 am

Looks like a lovely pushchair....xxx no a buggy board doesn't get in the way takes a day or too to get us to but then it's fine....yeah if you walk alot and kerrie is still young would probably be better havinga double than a buggy board...xxx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EmmaLouise
Infant
Infant

Female
Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2007-05-09

PostSubject: Re: DEBATE: Should prams/pushchairs be allowed in shops?   Wed May 09, 2007 1:42 am

No sholdnt be banned..we would be restricted to shopping and going out etc

shops should be bigger lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
skorpy

Female
Number of posts : 1789
Registration date : 2006-08-08

PostSubject: Re: DEBATE: Should prams/pushchairs be allowed in shops?   Wed May 09, 2007 1:53 am

EmmaLouise wrote:
No sholdnt be banned..we would be restricted to shopping and going out etc

shops should be bigger lol

LOL i agree...bring on the biggy shops mwaahahaha

Elder
Elder

Female

PostSubject: Re: DEBATE: Should prams/pushchairs be allowed in shops?   Wed May 09, 2007 3:34 am

Here in Switzerland they are re-designing there shops, so all new shops what will be built will have bigger isles and then you can get by with your buggy so no-one is in the way......think it's great...xxx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rebecca-Jayne

Female

PostSubject: Re: DEBATE: Should prams/pushchairs be allowed in shops?   Thu May 10, 2007 4:20 am

We have a huuuuge Tesco here near me, thing is, its thats big with massive aisles, loads more ppl come to shop here, therefore making it more over crowded anyway! Cant win lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
loudun
Elder
Elder

Female

PostSubject: Re: DEBATE: Should prams/pushchairs be allowed in shops?   Fri May 11, 2007 4:00 am

Oh i hope that doesn't happen here, if it does though i will just run the people over with my buggy if i have one by then....:-) xxx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rebecca-Jayne

Female

PostSubject: Re: DEBATE: Should prams/pushchairs be allowed in shops?   Fri May 11, 2007 5:54 am

Haha PMSL!lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sue
Toddler
Toddler

Female
Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2007-05-16

PostSubject: Re: DEBATE: Should prams/pushchairs be allowed in shops?   Sun May 20, 2007 4:02 pm

Of course they should not be banned. That would just be stupid.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shez
Grown-up
Grown-up

Female
Number of posts : 509
Registration date : 2007-05-22

PostSubject: Re: DEBATE: Should prams/pushchairs be allowed in shops?   Wed May 30, 2007 2:55 am

I think it is stupid they cant possible ban pushchairs like you have all been saying how are we going to do our shopping and things?

I live in a small town and we are not allowed to take pushchairs into our clinic or doctors, which i have recently complained about as my pushchair cost 300 and i am not leaving it outside for someone to steel, so then i drive down and there are no mother and baby parking near the clinic and the doctors carpark consists of 10 spaces!!!

There you go i have had my say now lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
maz1981

Female
Number of posts : 491
Registration date : 2007-05-23

PostSubject: Re: DEBATE: Should prams/pushchairs be allowed in shops?   Wed May 30, 2007 4:04 am

No i dont think they shuld be banned but shops shuld be made to make it more acessable for prams wheelchairs ect!!!!!
My son is coming up to 2 and although he is capable of walking i use the puschair for safety as it only takes seconds to get lost and who knows who may find him!!!!!

Female
Number of posts : 980
Registration date : 2007-05-24

PostSubject: Re: DEBATE: Should prams/pushchairs be allowed in shops?   Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:36 am

no way can they ban pushchairs from shops they need to make shops more pushchair friendly if anything.....and i hate when u go into a shop and all the kiddie stuff is upstairs lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DEBATE: Should prams/pushchairs be allowed in shops?   

Back to top Go down

DEBATE: Should prams/pushchairs be allowed in shops?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next