HomeHome  BabyTalk ExtraBabyTalk Extra  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Just found out Sophies starting pre-School in September

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sarah

Female
Number of posts : 535
Registration date : 2007-01-11

PostSubject: Just found out Sophies starting pre-School in September   Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:44 am

and i'm well worried as she is extremly clingy and screams blue murder when I leave the room sometimes it ends up with her being sick.

I've emailed the leader of the pre-school and she said her boys were exactly the same and i'm not to worry and that i'll get to visit and leave slowly and go from there :( still scared though

Sarah x

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://chocolatemummys.proboards82.com/index.cgi
skorpy

Female
Number of posts : 1789
Registration date : 2006-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Just found out Sophies starting pre-School in September   Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:42 am

Courtney's first visit was fine,infact we had to drag her away from nursery kicking and screaming.she then 2 weeks later she fell ill and was ill for up too 7 weeks after and now I get "Dont want to go to school",and she has also become clingy.I dont know if it was because of the illness or the novelty wore off.But some days she goes ok and another I feel guilty leaving her.But it is the only way I feel it will get them used too the real thing and thats school.

Sophie may go the other way and turn out too love it,...I just hope Courtney goes back too loving it too...she does some days and other days its a nightmare

Female
Number of posts : 2050
Registration date : 2006-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Just found out Sophies starting pre-School in September   Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:22 am

Awww, I guess in time she will learn to love it, and knows that after a fun day of school, her mummy will come pick her up! I think alot of kids are scared that their mummy or daddy will forget to pick them up, or wont come back for them ever.

You never know, Sophie may end up screaming about coming home like Courtney did haha.

The ladies at the nursery will have seen it hundreds of times, i'm sure they will give you all the help and support you will need.

Good Luck!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
~xHannahx~

Female
Number of posts : 780
Registration date : 2006-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Just found out Sophies starting pre-School in September   Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:20 am

i think it is hard for parent and child ...but it is a natural progression for our little ones Thumbup

i have had soooooo many children that have a hard time with separation .... but then a few weeks later ..... they dont want to leave us and go back to mum because they have had such a good time doh

im sure Sophie will be fine, she just needs to get used to mummy not being there for a little bit and understand that she WILL be back to collect her later :cheer2:

xxHxx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kellytimestwo
child
child

Female
Number of posts : 214
Registration date : 2006-11-22

PostSubject: Re: Just found out Sophies starting pre-School in September   Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:49 am

~xHannahx~ wrote:
i think it is hard for parent and child ...but it is a natural progression for our little ones

WELL SAID, HANNAH!!! Applause

I wonder if you can go visit the nursery a few times before she starts and let her play while you are there? I don't know if this will help or hurt the situation. Maybe ask the nursery workers about that? Possibly that way she will be somewhat familiar with the place. Just an idea. I haven't been through this phase yet, so I can't give much advice. GOOD LUCK!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
loudun
Elder
Elder

Female
Number of posts : 1238
Registration date : 2007-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Just found out Sophies starting pre-School in September   Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:53 pm

She will be fine after a while...it will work out for you both sarah....xxx ((hugs))
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just found out Sophies starting pre-School in September   

Back to top Go down

Just found out Sophies starting pre-School in September
Page 1 of 1