HomeHome  BabyTalk ExtraBabyTalk Extra  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Another day out.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
adrian
Toddler
Toddler

Male
Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2007-03-09

PostSubject: Another day out.   Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:15 pm

Hi all,

We took all the little ones out for the day yesterday all the way to the national mining museum.

Fantastic they all loved it first a look around the museum part then the big one.

Down the mine we went after picking up the hard hats and lamps.

Once the door closes on the cage that you go down in it gets damp/musty and very dark.

The take you round the old workings and the new showing how it has been done over at least 100 years 140 meters bellow ground.

After that the little ones stoked the pit ponies that once worked down there then of on the mining train that goes between the two sites.

All in all a fantastic day and well worth a visit ( most of what we did has not been listed it would take to long.

All the best. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rebecca-Jayne

Female
Number of posts : 2050
Registration date : 2006-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Another day out.   Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:34 am

Awww its great too see the kids learning about our history! I used to love doing all that with my Dad. lol he took me to some caves once, it was really creepy but amazing to see how the caves were shaped by the water. There was a part that was flooded and we had to detour, was scary because I kept thinking about getting trapped down there!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Another day out.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: ChatBox :: This & That Room-
Jump to: