HomeHome  BabyTalk ExtraBabyTalk Extra  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Heeeeyy youu guuuys!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rebecca-Jayne

Female
Number of posts : 2050
Registration date : 2006-08-09

PostSubject: Heeeeyy youu guuuys!!   Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:18 am

Something I found that may help out!

Male fertility
One in six couples are affected by infertility in Britain today, and around 35% of couples who have problems conceiving discover it is the man that has fertility problems.

So what is causing the problem?

Sperm counts have fallen by almost a third in the last 10 years. The main factors that seem to make a damaging dent on the nation's sperm count are an increase in drug use, alcohol consumption, smoking and an increase in obesity.

In isolation they are bad enough, but when two or more of these factors are combined it leads to a rapid decline in the number and quality of sperm.

But don't despair! If you're thinking of conceiving, here are some quick and easy tips for turning yourself into a sperm machine.

Tips to improve male fertility

1. Eat brazil nuts
Brazil nuts are rich in selenium, a mineral that seems to help boost sperm production and improve their swimming ability.

2. Eat tomatoes
Research suggests that lycopene, a nutrient found in tomatoes, helps in the production of healthy, agile sperm.

3. Deal with your stress
Stress leads to the release of adrenalin and other hormones which can restrict blood flow to the testes and inhibit sperm production. It also leads to the release of chemical by-products called free radicals, which damage sperm. Take an anti-oxidant supplement with zinc, selenium and vitamin C.

4. Take vitamins
Studies show that supplementing with vitamin C can assist in the making of properly functioning sperm, and reduce their tendency to clump together (agglutinate). 1,000mg of vitamin C each day should be enough to help men make top seed.

High doses of zinc appear to help boost levels of testosterone in men with low levels of this hormone, and may bring substantial improvements in sperm numbers. A zinc supplement of 50-100mg should be taken each day (balanced with 3-6mg of copper per day to prevent copper deficiency) for three months.

Like zinc, Korean ginseng appears to have the ability to enhance both testosterone and sperm levels. About 500mg of standardised extract should be taken each day for three months.

5. Eat healthy fats
Healthy fats, known as essential fatty acids (EFAs), appear to be important ingredients in the manufacture of sperm. The Total EFA is a supplement that contains a range of EFAs that may help boost sperm numbers in time.

6 Go organic
Declining sperm counts could be related to xenoestrogens, hormone-like chemical pollutants that come from a variety of sources, including agrochemical residues. A shift towards more organic foods in the diet will help to reduce exposure to these fertility-sapping chemicals.

7 Stay cool
Testicles should remain cooler than the rest of the body, so tight Y-fronts, hot baths and high central heating temperatures are a no-no. Men are also advised to walk about after sitting at a computer to help the airflow around the testes.

8 Avoid smoking
Tobacco smoke contains chemicals that weaken sperm function and deplete the anti-oxidants, especially vitamin C, that neutralise damaging free radicals. Our tip? Start a new smoke-free lifestyle to help boost your sperm count.

9 Go easy on the exercise
Prolonged strenuous exercise has been associated with reduced fertility in men. Exercise fanatics whose fertility firepower is on the low side might consider going to the gym a bit less often.

10 Always seek help for a suspected infection
Before you undergo costly and lengthy IVF cycles, see if the real problem could be lying in an undetected male pelvic infection first.

11 Cut back on heavy social drinking
One heavy social drinking session can knock your sperm count down for a short time, and regular bingeing can damage the tubes that carry semen, reduce motility and increase the number of abnormal sperm cells. Giving up booze for three to six months can be enough in some cases to restore fertility.

12 Avoid recreational drugs
Cocaine, for example, affects sperm motility and could prevent fertilisation. Cannabis leads to a lowered sperm count and an increase in abnormal sperm. Smoking one joint lowers testosterone levels for up to 36 hours. Avoid muscle-building drugs, too.

Anabolic steroids, taken by some athletes to increase muscle size, and improve strength and endurance, may boost sex drive and performance in the short term. But in the long term, they have the opposite effect and can cause a 25 per cent drop in sperm count.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
~xHannahx~

Female
Number of posts : 780
Registration date : 2006-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Heeeeyy youu guuuys!!   Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:25 am

oh that fabulous :O)

very factual and helps to prove its not our fault !! your guys need to look after your bits and bobs Clap
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rebecca-Jayne

Female

PostSubject: Re: Heeeeyy youu guuuys!!   Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:28 am

Sorry guys...gonna have to throw them Tighty whitey's OUT!! haha ::lmao::
Back to top Go down
View user profile
~xHannahx~

Female
Number of posts : 780
Registration date : 2006-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Heeeeyy youu guuuys!!   Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:31 am

bring on the comical boxer shorts ..... let the breatheeeee

or of course !!!!

nooooooooooooo pants !!
Jawdrop
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rebecca-Jayne

Female

PostSubject: Re: Heeeeyy youu guuuys!!   Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:32 am

LOL Commando!! Saves the washing I suppose lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sarah

Female
Number of posts : 535
Registration date : 2007-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Heeeeyy youu guuuys!!   Sun May 06, 2007 1:06 am

Dave my oh was told he had an extremly low sperm count and it was put on his medical records and infertile it was that low.

One of the consultants he knew Dave very well (as he's a paramedic) that he had more chance of winning the lottery than getting me pregnant!

His Dr had other ideas though, he told Dave that he must cut out all the crap he eats, told him to eat fresh fruit and veg every day, take cool baths/showers, wear boxers, and take the wellman vitamins - they cost nearly 10 a box. Well it did the trick as we fell pregnant - so can you imagine the first thought that came into Daves head when I was pregnant - that I had had an affair! - I don't believe in affairs I've been cheated on by all my ex's and I know how much it hurts so i'd never do this. I even told Dave i'd take a lie detector test to prove I hadn't.

Well when Sophie was born she was the spit of Dave and still is really.

Also 4 different physic people we know have all told us that there is a baby entetity around us both - we wont just have 2 kids we'll have more.

So up yours to the consultant who told Dave he was infertile and more likely to win the lottery.

Sorry that went on a bit lol

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://chocolatemummys.proboards82.com/index.cgi
loudun
Elder
Elder

Female
Number of posts : 1238
Registration date : 2007-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Heeeeyy youu guuuys!!   Wed May 09, 2007 4:29 am

That's great sarah ......i agree up yours doc....xxx