HomeHome  BabyTalk ExtraBabyTalk Extra  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

My prem birth with Sophie 36 weeks

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sarah

Female
Number of posts : 535
Registration date : 2007-01-11

PostSubject: My prem birth with Sophie 36 weeks   Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:26 am

Well it all started on Friday 15th July when I went to my midwife appointment and she had my blood results which had literally just come in, and by Bile Salts was sky high so my midwife told me to get straight to the hospital as I'd need to be induced that night. So off we went, got on the monitor and then got told we would have to come back every day for monitoring. They also took my bloods.

On the Monday I went back my blood results were in and my biles salts had doubled and the one they do for you liver was 3 times higher than it should of been so I had to go home and get my stuff as i was being induced at 6pm!!

I got my first lot of gel and I started to have some period pains and back ache, I had a shot of pethadine in the night and my (contractions) stopped, so in the morning i had another load of gel. This went on until Wednesday ( I didn't have any more pethadine)on Wednesday I was given some Gel in the morning then again 6 hours later and at 3am my waters broke, I rung the buzzer and said 'I've either wet myself or my waters have broken' the midwife got me up and then said 'Go in the shower and clean yourself up' rude I know.

I then started to need Gas and Air to help with my contractions and after an hour the same midwife came back and told me that they needed my Gas and Air for someone in labour (didn't think to myself that its all cabled in, in labour ward) so I rung Dave in tears saying they've taken it away.

Well throughout thursday I got through my contractions without gas and air and when the next lot of midwifes who came on that evening Dave asked for the gas and air back.

At 22.40 I started to push, until 02.10 when the Reg came in and had a look at me and said there is no way i'm going to push this baby out as i've got a lip on my cervix that had swollen and Sophie couldn't pass through. So I had an emergency C-Section under GA.

The next day Sophie kept rolling her eyes back and went all jittery with her arms and legs and would cry really ear piercingly. Dave said she was fitting so the Reg came and had a look at her and saw that she was and took her straight away into Special Care.

She was given lots of paracetamol for her head (as she had a cone head and was very bruised) and something to stop her fitting. She had bloods done and it showed she was dehydrated and her calcium levels were through the roof. She didn't have any more fits. She is still in Specail Care now. She is out of the incubator in a normal cot but she had Jaundice and had to be under the lamp. She had a brain scan yesterday which came back normal and they took some blood from her today and when her results come back we'll know when we can bring her home.

She weighed 7lb 13.5 and was born nearly 4 weeks early.

Sorry its soo long

Sarah

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://chocolatemummys.proboards82.com/index.cgi
uksammy
Pensioner
Pensioner

Female
Number of posts : 771
Registration date : 2006-09-01

PostSubject: Re: My prem birth with Sophie 36 weeks   Sat Apr 14, 2007 2:55 am

OMG what an ordeal....they don't sound very nice midwives that you had!

Poor Sophie...at least she is ok now :)

Thanks for sharing with us x
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/uksammy
loudun
Elder
Elder

Female
Number of posts : 1238
Registration date : 2007-02-11

PostSubject: Re: My prem birth with Sophie 36 weeks   Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:39 am

OMG what a story sarah, glad sophie is ok now...xxx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sue
Toddler
Toddler

Female
Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2007-05-16

PostSubject: Re: My prem birth with Sophie 36 weeks   Wed May 30, 2007 8:26 pm

What a story. I can't believe they took it away from you!
At least the end result was wonderful.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My prem birth with Sophie 36 weeks   

Back to top Go down

My prem birth with Sophie 36 weeks
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1