HomeHome  BabyTalk ExtraBabyTalk Extra  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Epidural?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
debbie Odell
child
child

Female
Number of posts : 212
Registration date : 2007-01-11

PostSubject: Epidural?   Sat Apr 21, 2007 1:59 pm

[size=12]Hey I am not sure if yall have had the epidural or not, but I did and if you have I would like you to tell me the side affects you had. Now I took the class for the epidural and they told us all of the facts and side effects, but it made it diffucult for me to well push... I actually pushed for about 20 minutes before I could get her out... it didnt hurt at all but it wasnt fun. and I was wondering if it could have been something that would have been avoided if done right?

deb
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rebecca-Jayne

Female
Number of posts : 2050
Registration date : 2006-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Epidural?   Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:16 am

I didnt have the Epi, I was too scared that I;d lose control of everything lol. Not all mums have it, and yes, I think you could have done it all by yourself. But dont feel bad that you had it, giving birth is so painful, and I dont blame anyone who has it.

Note: Moved topic to appropriate area. Wink just in case you were wondering where it had gone lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
uksammy
Pensioner
Pensioner

Female
Number of posts : 771
Registration date : 2006-09-01

PostSubject: Re: Epidural?   Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:50 am

I haven't had one...and not planning to...it must be hard trying to push when you can't feel anything?? Is it like straining and feeling nothing happen?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/uksammy
debbie Odell
child
child

Female

PostSubject: Re: Epidural?   Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:15 pm

The nurse was like push in your bottom your pushing in your legs and I was like what do you mean pushing in my legs i cant feel either one.... I didnt say that but thats what I was thinking.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rebecca-Jayne

Female

PostSubject: Re: Epidural?   Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:20 pm

lol, thats why i didnt want one. My mum told me all about them, so it totally put me off when she said that her friend couldnt even get out of bed to go to the loo because she couldnt feel her legs!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
skorpy

Female
Number of posts : 1789
Registration date : 2006-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Epidural?   Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:21 pm

Rebecca-Jayne wrote:
lol, thats why i didnt want one. My mum told me all about them, so it totally put me off when she said that her friend couldnt even get out of bed to go to the loo because she couldnt feel her legs!!

I had the mobile epidural..I was walking right after the birth and I could feel when too push.It was only he contractions I couldn't feel.I could feel bubs being born too.

Female

PostSubject: Re: Epidural?   Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:22 pm

Ive heard about them ones, but i dunno, still probably wont have one lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
debbie Odell
child
child

Female

PostSubject: Re: Epidural?   Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:48 pm

Ive never heard of those.... I was exactly how she said unable to walk... my nurse had to help me to the bathroom....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dee2
Toddler
Toddler

Female
Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2007-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Epidural?   Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:42 am

Dont think i fancy having one of these but untill the day u never know
Back to top Go down
View user profile
debbie Odell
child
child

Female

PostSubject: Re: Epidural?   Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:12 am

If I could do it over again I wouldnt have it, but other than that i didnt care how she got here as long as she did get here and she was safe & healthy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chryssa
Toddler
Toddler

Female
Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2007-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Epidural?   Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:25 am

I had to have an epidural because I was induced and baby was in distress so they put me on the monitor so I could not move anyway. I didn't plan to have one, so I paid no attention to the side effects etc, so I was not prepared for it at all. Baby had turned back-to-back, so the pain was excruciating, and I loved the pain relief, but hated the whole epidural thing. Even with the epidural my back pain was horrible, and I decided not to have one after 5 am, so that I would be able to push. Now I regret that decision, as I was in so much back pain that I could not push, and they didn;t give me any other pain relief until I turned to my side and refused to do anything unless thay helped me out. I hope I don't have to be induced this time, I really want a normal birth with normal contractions.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
leighann
Grown-up
Grown-up

Female
Number of posts : 597
Registration date : 2007-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Epidural?   Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:50 am

i had phethide it was really horrible they gave it to me 10 before i had him they said they should not of gave it to me they messed up so i cant remember anything i cant even remember the day after i had alfie im still upset about it as i dont remember even holding him it hurts me..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
loudun
Elder
Elder

Female
Number of posts : 1238
Registration date : 2007-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Epidural?   Wed Aug 29, 2007 4:55 am

I didn't have anything as my little boy came to fast......so pleased i didn't have anything after reading all about this....xxxx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shez
Grown-up
Grown-up

Female
Number of posts : 509
Registration date : 2007-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Epidural?   Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:41 pm

I had an epidural as i was in labor for so long and Declan was getting distressed as he was getting stuck. They also gave me a second dose of it as they prepared me for a C-section so i couldnt feel anything from my shoulders down, i couldnt walk or do anything, not even sit myself up if i was lying down! I really didnt want an epidural and got really upset when they told my i had to have one, then i got even worse when they told me i needed another dose as i may need to have a c-section.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
saraho

Female
Number of posts : 980
Registration date : 2007-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Epidural?   Thu Aug 30, 2007 2:55 pm

i had an epidural with my 6th (never had one with the others) and i loved it as the pain was soooo bad..... whoever says it gets easier the more labours u have they sooo wrong....... well in my case they was lol xxx

PostSubject: Re: Epidural?   Today at 5:42 am

Back to top Go down

Epidural?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1