HomeHome  BabyTalk ExtraBabyTalk Extra  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Midwives and the NHS

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rebecca-Jayne

Female
Number of posts : 2050
Registration date : 2006-08-09

PostSubject: Midwives and the NHS   Thu May 03, 2007 3:24 am

I was watching GMTV this morning, and there was a debate about the general state of our Maternity wards. The Panorama programme which is on BBC1, done an undercover investigation which will be aired tonight at 8pm if you're interested.

I was wondering, the money being pumped into the NHS is at an all time high, yet we still have a problem with understaffing and lack resources which effect patient care. Which is leading to women around the country having dreadful experiences during child birth when it should be one of the most wonderful experiences ever! Ok, so you got pain, but you ladies know what I mean. ^_^

One woman who was in labour, was found in the corridor because there was no beds, and at another hospital, a vital baby heart monitor had to be shared between 25 expectant mothers!! Disgusting if you ask me! I believe that this poor care has led to babies disabilitys and deaths.

Whats your view? I think if I were expecting now, i'd probably opt for a home birth.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
loudun
Elder
Elder

Female
Number of posts : 1238
Registration date : 2007-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Midwives and the NHS   Fri May 04, 2007 3:38 am

I also think this is a bad situation....i would also opt for a home birth if i was in the uk..

Did you watch the programm last night? if so can you tell us a bit about it as i don't get it thanks....xxx
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Midwives and the NHS
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: ChatBox :: This & That Room-
Jump to: