HomeHome  BabyTalk ExtraBabyTalk Extra  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Scared

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Tudybobs
NewBorn
NewBorn

Female
Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2007-05-03

PostSubject: Scared   Thu May 03, 2007 4:30 am

Hi everyone,

I'm new on here but I'm desperately in need of some help.
I think I might be pregnant but I can't afford a pregnancy test yet! My last period was 4th March and I've got really tender boobs and they seem to be getting bigger.
I do want children but I hadn't intended on having them just yet!! I'm 21 I know thats not especially young nowadays and i'm not scared of being a mum I'm scared that I won't be able to give a child financial stability yet. I'm also scared that I will lose my job! I have a partner and he's very supportive. He's not especially worried but I have been working at my current firm for just over a year but I have only just last week signed a contract. My partner also works full time but he's on sick at the moment as he has broken his hand. We are both on minimum wage and can only just afford to support ourselves. I know they say you can never afford to have children but i always wanted to give my children everything i never had. Also we rent a two bedroomed maisonette which is lovely but the living room is upstairs and i don't know how practical this would be with a young child. I also wanted to have our own house before having children. I don't want to get rid of this child but I'm just scared about being able to give it stability.
Sorry to go on but I don't understand how these teenage mothers cope!
Any support would be gratefully received.
Thank you
Tudy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
skorpy

Female
Number of posts : 1789
Registration date : 2006-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Scared   Thu May 03, 2007 4:45 am

Hello Tudy

Firstly Welcome too BabyTalk
Ok I can understand this is very scary for you.First of all,you need too get yourself to the Doctors.They will do a test free of charge and the results are 100% If not by urine sample,they will do a blood test.

I was 21 when I had my first and I was not planing on pregnancy either.But you have a supportive partner,then thats one more positive step for you. If your last period was march,then you almost certainly could be pregnant. Unless of course your periods are irregular?

Make that appointment hun...all the best too you.

Female

PostSubject: Re: Scared   Thu May 03, 2007 4:51 am

Also I would like too add that I think your very wise in wanting what's best.I am sure things would work out if you are pregnant.I lived with my parents and had a good job and I know what it is like when your life could totally change.

Like I said the first step is too confirm it.Let us know how you get on,I hope we can be here too help you further

NewBorn
NewBorn

Female

PostSubject: Re: Scared   Thu May 03, 2007 5:06 am

Thanks for your support skorpy,
As I said, I've always wanted children, I come from a large family. I have five older siblings and eight nieces and nephews and I love them all dearly. It also means I have plenty of experience with children but I just wanted to be secure in a home and financially before I had my own.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
skorpy

Female

PostSubject: Re: Scared   Thu May 03, 2007 5:13 am

I am the youngest of 11,so I know what you mean.

Pregnancy test's can give out false Negatives...so I always recommend the Doctors.
You do what you feel is best for you at this stage. Let us know how you go Wink

child
child

Number of posts : 183
Registration date : 2007-01-08

PostSubject: Re: Scared   Thu May 03, 2007 6:41 am

Hello Very Happy

I think skorpy is right,..best too make an appointment at the Doc's

Its a very scary thing,so If you need too chat anytime,we are here.I hope things work out for you.And I am sure it will.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tudybobs
NewBorn
NewBorn

Female

PostSubject: Re: Scared   Thu May 03, 2007 7:10 am

thanks guys,
I'm feeling better, already. I think telling somebody aswell as my partner has helped and reading through some of the other posts on here have made me see how others cope so I'm sure I'd be able to.
I'll let you know any updates.
x
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rebecca-Jayne

Female
Number of posts : 2050
Registration date : 2006-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Scared   Thu May 03, 2007 10:25 am

HI Tudy, welcome to Babytalk.

I know its very scary to find out you're pregnant. I was just 17 and at the time my partner wasnt on a great wage. I can totally understand how you feel about not being able to support your child and give him/her the things she needs. Sounds like your partner is very supportive though, with his continued support and love I'm sure you will all be just fine! You wont lose your job if you are indeed pregnant. You get 6 months maternity leave and your company will also be obliged to keep your job open for you to return. Also, with both of you on a minium wage, you wil be entitled to working family tax credits (provding you live in the UK), ad childs tax credit. So do not worry, there is help!

So go see that Doctor hunny, and let us know how it goes!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kellytimestwo
child
child

Female
Number of posts : 214
Registration date : 2006-11-22

PostSubject: Re: Scared   Thu May 03, 2007 11:21 am

First of all, I would like to say:
welcome
Secondly, I can only imagine how frightening it is to think you are pregnant when it wasn't planned. BUT, I am a firm believer of things happening for a reason. The previous posters have great advice. A big, big plus for you is having a supportive partner. Everyone on this forum is so supportive also. There are ways to make it work if you are indeed pregnant. The two main things your baby will need are food and love...and you can provide those without spending anything!!! Keep us posted on how everything goes. Take care.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
loudun
Elder
Elder

Female
Number of posts : 1238
Registration date : 2007-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Scared   Fri May 04, 2007 3:35 am

Hello and welcome....

It is a very scary thing to be pregnant when it was not planned, but i can tell you from exprience that all will be fine and it will work out, kids don't need loads of material things love is the best gift you can give....

I was 23 when i got pregnat my relationship was on the rocks,(i got preg when on the pill) my relationship fell a part when i was 3 months and i had to change jobs while preg (my new employer knew i was preg) i then got the say 4 weeks after my baby was born......so i had no job no money and no partner but 3 years later i ahve to say i have a new career a new partner and a new life and no debts left, so if i can do it you can too....

Also i live in a foregin country, I am scottish but live in switzerland so beleive me it will all work out, so try not to be scared and go to the docs and let us know how things are....

good luck hun....you can do it...xxxx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tudybobs
NewBorn
NewBorn

Female

PostSubject: Re: Scared   Fri May 04, 2007 8:51 am

Hi guys, just letting you know my oh has bought me a hpt today. I'm at work but I'll do it when I get in tonight. I'm very nervous but I know that we need to know and then we can take the next step.
I'm most concerned about telling oh parents if I am as they have conflicting views to us on nearly everything and I know that they will only concentrate on the negatives.
Wish me luck!
x
Back to top Go down
View user profile
uksammy
Pensioner
Pensioner

Female
Number of posts : 771
Registration date : 2006-09-01

PostSubject: Re: Scared   Sat May 05, 2007 2:53 am

Hi Tudy, hope you got the result you wanted...please let us know and we will support u either way.

I was 20 when I had my first (unplanned on the pill) we were living with my parents until Kerrie was 4 months old.

I was very career minded and had a very good job and I knew I have always wanted to bring up my own children...so not going back to work was a big step...and I still miss it sometimes....but i'm still young and can still have that career once my children go to school.

I know it's not the way we planned things out, but it really isn't that bad, having a child brings so much love and happiness it doesn't matter if you're not financially stable. Things will work out fine xx
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/uksammy
loudun
Elder
Elder

Female

PostSubject: Re: Scared   Sat May 05, 2007 11:58 am

Tudy, how did it go, did you get the answer you where waiting on??? hope all is well....xxx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tudybobs
NewBorn
NewBorn

Female

PostSubject: Re: Scared   Tue May 08, 2007 2:39 am

Hi Guys,

Thank you for all being so kind.
I got home on Friday night and did 2 tests as the first one didn't work. The second one showed negative. I can't explain how i felt it was a complete mixture of emotions. I was relieved but really really upset too. I'd got used to the idea and had begun to think about ways we could afford it etc etc. My partner was utterly devastated too. I'd known people to say that hpts can sometimes show a false negative so I bought another test and did it on the Saturday morning. That also showed negative. I'd begun to worry now about if I wasn't pregnant then why hadn't I had a period for two months? Then my period arrived on Saturday afternoon. It's now Tuesday and I'm still bleeding really heavy and suffering from really hideous period pain. I think I'm having two periods at the same time.
All this has made us realise that we do want to have children asap though. We've decided to start saving sensibly and look at having kids in two or three years by which time we should both be secure and be able to offer a child the kind of life we'd loke to be able to.
Thank you so much for all your support and I'm so sorry that I wasted your time.

Tudy
xx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sarah

Female
Number of posts : 535
Registration date : 2007-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Scared   Tue May 08, 2007 3:03 am

You haven't wasted anyones time hunnie.

I'm sorry that your not pregnant and also i'm sorry that your having a really tough period. I had this happen to me a lot when I was TTC my lil girl.

If your period is still heavy by Friday the latest book an appointment with your Dr and they'll prob send you for a scan to make sure all is ok.

Good Luck hunnie and keep coming to babytalk :)

Love Sarah x

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://chocolatemummys.proboards82.com/index.cgi
~xHannahx~

Female
Number of posts : 780
Registration date : 2006-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Scared   Tue May 08, 2007 4:45 am

By no means have you wasted our time hun Hugs

it is what we are here for ... and is what the forum is alllll about grouphug

and i say the same as sophie mummy .... if your period doesnt calm down by friday have it checked out Thumbup

Goodluck ..... and dont be a stranger :cheer2:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
loudun
Elder
Elder

Female

PostSubject: Re: Scared   Wed May 09, 2007 4:16 am

Hey hun, you didn't waste our time.....you are always welcome here.....I also agree with sophies mummy get things checked out if they don't calm down....xxx ((hugs))
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mummyethel
Toddler
Toddler

Female
Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2007-05-08

PostSubject: Re: Scared   Sat May 26, 2007 7:38 am

wow

Last edited by mummyethel on Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
skorpy

Female

PostSubject: Re: Scared   Sat May 26, 2007 8:39 am

no your not slagging them off..its completely true.

I know lots of ppl who have had false negatives. HCG hormones are different in all woman,some gets stronger HCG hormones then others at different times in their pregnancy.Some woman even in their 8th week of pregnancy still have not had enough for a pregnancy test too pick up on it.Then there is woman only 2 weeks pregnant like myself that it shows straight away even if it is like you said,a faint line.

Toddler
Toddler

Female

PostSubject: Re: Scared   Sat May 26, 2007 9:13 am

wow

Last edited by mummyethel on Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
skorpy

Female

PostSubject: Re: Scared   Sat May 26, 2007 9:18 am

I NEVER brought the expensive ones...mine was the 3 to 4 one fron Tesco. Tests that cost 8 is ridiculous when it is importantly needed too find out if you are pregnant.I believe prices on pregnancy tests should be dropped personally

Infant
Infant

Female
Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2007-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Scared   Sat May 26, 2007 2:13 pm

If you go to the Dr they are free aren't they??? I appreciate many ladies want to know as soon as they miss a period....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
skorpy

Female

PostSubject: Re: Scared   Sat May 26, 2007 2:23 pm

Yea Doctors are free,..

when your trying for a baby and you havent even skipped a period,your anxious too know. Testing with a kit before skipping a period is the only way too find out.When you are trying having too wait till you missed your period feels like an eternity.Obviously a Doctor will not test you untill you have missed a period.

Female
Number of posts : 2050
Registration date : 2006-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Scared   Sun May 27, 2007 8:57 am

yeah, and then you have to wait 10 days for the results!! Well ere ya do anyway. I have bought cheap tests, around 3-4 quid because I'm trying at the mo and when my period doesnt come on time I do one lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mummyethel
Toddler
Toddler

Female

PostSubject: Re: Scared   Sun May 27, 2007 10:19 am

i couldnt wait 10minutes let alone 10days, lmao
Back to top Go down
View user profile