HomeHome  BabyTalk ExtraBabyTalk Extra  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Biting spoon during feeding

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
kellytimestwo
child
child

Female
Number of posts : 214
Registration date : 2006-11-22

PostSubject: Biting spoon during feeding   Sat May 19, 2007 4:09 pm

Okay. Gracie's two bottom teeth are coming in. She seems to be teething still...not sure if the top ones are wanting to cut through now too?

Anyways...I have been slowly introducing solids and finally this past week she started to take the rice cereal real well. She seemed very eager for the next bite and ate the whole bowl. (Before this point she has been unreceptive of solids, even the rice cereal that I have been attempting to give her since she turned 6 months) Well, we had a few more feedings but then yesterday she started to where she wanted to grab the spoon and then would bite down on it like she was teething. This has happened like three more times. Each time I try to feed her all she wants to do is bite the spoon! She seems to be swallowing the little bit I get in her mouth, but she isn't opening wide like she wants the food. I think she just wants to bite the spoon :scratch:

Any suggestions on how I should get her to stop doing this? I'm not sure if she just isn't hungry or teething or what is going on? I am still nursing in between the solid feedings, so I know she isn't going to go hungry...it's just a little frustrating.complain
Back to top Go down
View user profile
skorpy

Female
Number of posts : 1789
Registration date : 2006-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Biting spoon during feeding   Sun May 20, 2007 12:16 am

careful of them teeth when nurseing :ouch!:

Biting the spoon is natural,Kai does it too.But not as bad as Gracie by sounds of it,he is too eager too get the food in his mouth.He is a right little piggy. He has a breakfast now too.

Have you tried her on baby biscuits for 8 months and let her chew on that,it will also get her used too chewing up foods ready for proper solids with lumps and bits in.I started Kai on them at 7 months 3 weeks.

child
child

Female

PostSubject: Re: Biting spoon during feeding   Sun May 20, 2007 3:51 pm

skorpy wrote:
careful of them teeth when nurseing :ouch!:

haha! it hasn't been too bad yet...i'm just worried when she gets the top teeth and then chomps down! Ouch is right!

i haven't tried the biscuits yet. i looked at them at the store and it said they should have teeth already. i will try them now that they have cut through. she likes the little gerber fruit puffs that she can pick up herself and they dissolve quickly. she still has a little bit of a hard time with her pincher grasp though. i will try the biscuits and let you know how she likes them!

Last edited by on Mon May 21, 2007 9:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rebecca-Jayne

Female
Number of posts : 2050
Registration date : 2006-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Biting spoon during feeding   Mon May 21, 2007 4:32 am

Hehe, yes ouchies to them teeth, if she does start to bite pull her away from the breast and say NO, keep doing that and she'll soon learn that nibbling mummies boob = no milk lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kellytimestwo
child
child

Female

PostSubject: Re: Biting spoon during feeding   Mon May 21, 2007 9:49 am

::lmao::

Sounds like good advice. I gave Gracie a teething biscuit yesterday afternoon and she loved it!! She gnawed on it for quite a while. She was up quite a bit last night, so I know she is definitely teething again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rebecca-Jayne

Female
Number of posts : 2050
Registration date : 2006-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Biting spoon during feeding   Tue May 22, 2007 1:10 am

Aww bless her, they'll soon come through now she has a few already.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kaytee
Infant
Infant

Female
Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2007-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Biting spoon during feeding   Sat May 26, 2007 11:33 am

my dd, Nichole used to bite the spoon as well. Its normal
Back to top Go down
View user profile
loudun
Elder
Elder

Female
Number of posts : 1238
Registration date : 2007-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Biting spoon during feeding   Sun May 27, 2007 1:41 am

Yeah i have to agree it's normal for the babies to bite the spoon, and i hope those teeth come through soon. Good luck xxxx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Biting spoon during feeding   

Back to top Go down

Biting spoon during feeding
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Bringing up Baby :: Breastfeeding,Bottlefeeding & Solids-
Jump to: