HomeHome  BabyTalk ExtraBabyTalk Extra  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

wont eat

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
maz1981

Female
Number of posts : 491
Registration date : 2007-05-23

PostSubject: wont eat   Wed May 23, 2007 2:41 pm

:scratch:
Help my son is 21 months old and for the last 2 months he has totally lost his appertite!! He eats hardly anything not because he is fussy but because he just doesnt seem to be hungrey??
Iknow your not supposed to make a big deal bowt it ect ect and dont but its so out of character as he was a 9lb2oz baby when born who has always been bigger and eaten/drunk twice what he shuld and now he is loosing a bit of weight!!
Any suggestions welcome xxxx

Female
Number of posts : 1789
Registration date : 2006-08-08

PostSubject: Re: wont eat   Wed May 23, 2007 2:48 pm

sounds like my daughter.cant get her too eat a thing.

I dont let her have any goodies unless she eats proper meals,thats all I can do atm.

Does he snack between meals?

Female
Number of posts : 491
Registration date : 2007-05-23

PostSubject: Re: wont eat   Wed May 23, 2007 2:56 pm

weird our lifes are almost parallel what with depression sleepless nights and kids that wont eat lol

Female
Number of posts : 1789
Registration date : 2006-08-08

PostSubject: Re: wont eat   Wed May 23, 2007 3:00 pm

lol funny what having children does too you isnt it..but at least we are not alone Wink

Female
Number of posts : 2050
Registration date : 2006-08-09

PostSubject: Re: wont eat   Thu May 24, 2007 12:21 am

My son went through the same, but then picked up and now he eats everything. I wouldnt worry about it too much, although if he is rapidly loosing weight then take him to the Doctors :)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kaytee
Infant
Infant

Female
Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2007-05-26

PostSubject: Re: wont eat   Sat May 26, 2007 11:32 am

I agree if he is losing weight then I would speak to your doc. But if yo are concerned about his eating enough good stuff. Don't let him have any snacky foods and start him on a daily vitamin. It is really hard to be malnurished(sp) in this country.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
loudun
Elder
Elder

Female
Number of posts : 1238
Registration date : 2007-02-11

PostSubject: Re: wont eat   Sun May 27, 2007 1:45 am

My son went thorugh the same, it still happens every now and then.....he was a great eater as a baby was on solids early as milk was not enough is a tall boy with loads of energie, is isn't over weight but he eats like a horse for long enough and then from one day to the next stops and barely eats anything.....wierd i know but after about a week or 2 he starts eating again.....

@weight, if you son losses weight at great spead i would see the doctor but if it's just a little i would wait and see......

Good luck xxxx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
I Love My Life
Infant
Infant

Female
Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2007-07-13

PostSubject: Re: wont eat   Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:07 am

My son is like that and he's 3. He's been that way since he was 1.5 yrs old. For a few days he'll eat like a pig and then for a few more days he'll eat barely anything. Sometimes that how toddlers are. It's called the toddler diet. Up until he was 1.5 yrs he was eating anything and everything lol.

But yeah if he snacks between meals try cutting out the snacks or only letting him have 1 small healthy snack right in the middle of meals.
Say breakfast is at 8am and lunch is at 12pm, let him have a small snack at about 10 am. Then Lunch is 12pm and dinner is at say 5pm, let him have a small snack at about 2:30pm. Then let him have a small bedtime snack about 30 minutes before he goes to bed. Get him some vitamins so he's still getting the vitamins and minerals he needs.

Do you have pediasure over there? My son likes the Pediasure Nutrapals drinks. You could try him on that. It's a good nutritional drink for kids 1 yr and older. Check out their website http://www.pediasure.com/. If you don't have it there maybe there is a nutritional suppliment over there for toddlers and children that you could get for him. But you can order Pediasure online.

Hope i helped!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/ericsmommyalways5504
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: wont eat   

Back to top Go down

wont eat
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Bringing up Baby :: Breastfeeding,Bottlefeeding & Solids-
Jump to: