HomeHome  BabyTalk ExtraBabyTalk Extra  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

My Saturday

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
sue
Toddler
Toddler

Female
Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2007-05-16

PostSubject: My Saturday   Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:52 pm

Today I was gardening. My brother had bought me this plant for mothers day and I am now getting around to getting it in the ground. Well the wire on the package was rusty so I went and got my pliers to unwind the wire. Get it done and plant it. Take Katie into the house and throw the pliers on the porch. (I have an enclosed porch). We are about to go get lunch, get a b-day card for my nephew, get the car washed and go to my nephews party. The kids are ready to go and I noticed the dog is shedding and my hardwoods look like crap. I tell them let me just sweep this up really quick and we will go. So I go and get the broom, start sweeping and here Katelyn scream. I go running and there is blood every where! :o She got my pliers and cut her tongue!! At first I was scared she cut it off but she didn't, just a big cut. But tongues bleed so bad! I was so scared. I called the doctors emergency service and waited for them to call me back. I called my parents to stay with the other 2. They get there and still no call so I call them back. All they can say is the doctor or nurse will call me back. I say no thanks and took off to emergencty. My Mom goes with me to hold the paper towel/ice on Katie's tongue in the car. We get waited on right away, the bleeding has about stopped. Then we wait to be called for almost 2 hours!! Katie was so good though. We read books for about the first hour staight. Finally get called back and she is fine. They don't stitch them unless it is too bad because there is a greater chance of infection if they do. So they say to keep her on soft foods for 2 or 3 days. No salt or acidy stuff because it will hurt her so bad. :'( I have to take her to the doctor on Monday and have them re-check it. So we get home, my Dad had taken the other 2 to the party for me, and Katie and I have to change. We were both really messy. As I said tongue's bleed A LOT! I bathe her, I get changed. Before we leave I ran up to go to the bathroom and I came back down and she is eating CHEEZ ITS! So much for only soft foods. They were low salt though so it didn't bother her. Then at the party she kept sneaking chips and pizza and stuff. Nothing bothered her. The doctor said if she did eat that stuff then have her rinse her mouth with water and spit. So I did that many times today. she is doing really good though. We stayed at the party until about 10:30 and on the way home she said her tongue hurt so I gave her tylonol. She is sleeping fine now. For the first since it happened I am finally crying. I couldn't when it happened or at the hospital or party or anything. I didn't want to get more scared. So now as I type it out and the kids are all in bed I can finally let loose. :'( :'( :'(
Then I had to email her father though. I have his number on my cell phone but the battery died so I just emailed him. Can't wait to hear his response. ::)
So that was my fun day. Moral of the story, don't leave tools or anything like it out where the kids can get at it!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
maz1981

Female
Number of posts : 491
Registration date : 2007-05-23

PostSubject: Re: My Saturday   Sun Jun 03, 2007 2:46 am

omg what a terrible story it makes you think about what u leave around!!!! Hope she gets better soon xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Female
Number of posts : 1789
Registration date : 2006-08-08

PostSubject: Re: My Saturday   Sun Jun 03, 2007 4:45 am

Oh hun you poor thing having to go through that.I would have lost it and wouldnt know what to do.

Hope she feels better soon,let us know how she is muah

Toddler
Toddler

Female

PostSubject: Re: My Saturday   Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:29 am

Thanks.
skorpy...you would have known. It just comes to you.
People always ask how I handle all the single Mom stuff plus working full time and going through what the ex and his mistress have been doing and its the same answer as with what happened yesterday.
~You don't think, you just do and it works itself out.
Her tongue is looking much better today but she says it hurts. I have been giving her Tylonol for pain and now big brother is playing with her so she is not noticing the pain.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rebecca-Jayne

Female
Number of posts : 2050
Registration date : 2006-08-09

PostSubject: Re: My Saturday   Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:32 am

Awww poor kid. lol you do have to watch what you leave lying around. My sister left her razor out and caught her babs going to shave his legs!! Could have been a disaster.

Hope she feels better today xxx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sue
Toddler
Toddler

Female

PostSubject: Re: My Saturday   Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:06 am

lol! I did the shaving my legs thing when I was young! My Mom never left a razor out again. I still have the scar. :(
Back to top Go down
View user profile
~xHannahx~

Female
Number of posts : 780
Registration date : 2006-11-09

PostSubject: Re: My Saturday   Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:56 pm

aw bless her Hugs

at least she is ok now though or at least getting there :O)

sounds like you did a fabulous job :O)

talking of blood my brother had a good go at chopping his finger off on saturday !! he is 27 !! he was shaving his face and slipped and slice a clean chunk of the side of his index finger !!.........Jawdrop

it bleed for what seemed like forever !! bless him !! he was a brave little soldier though ::lmao::

xxHxx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sue
Toddler
Toddler

Female

PostSubject: Re: My Saturday   Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:24 pm

Oh my! That sounds painful. Yikes.
Katie is doing wonderfully. Eating everything in site and happy as can be.
Its funny I feel like the worlds worst momma but as I am talking to people at work today everyone is sharing stories of taking thier kids to emergency for one thing or another.
My parents got the kids from the sitter for me tonight and I guess they had a pair of gardening shears next to the phone when they got there. Well my son, Robbie who is 6, let in on them. Told them to put it away now and never to do that again. Told me that it looks as if he has to protect his baby sis!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Saturday   

Back to top Go down

My Saturday
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1