HomeHome  BabyTalk ExtraBabyTalk Extra  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Annoying partners!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tracey
NewBorn
NewBorn

Female
Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2007-05-23

PostSubject: Annoying partners!!   Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:21 am

Dunno if this is the right section to put it in but need to let off some steam otherwise i'll be posting in the depression thread!
complain Why are other halfs so annoying and self centered! All we done is argue for the past couple of weeks!! He goes out drinking all the time yet won't let me even go bingo with his mum!! This wk is the worse he invited them up for dinner yet had a go at me cos it was my fault he had to stay in instead of going pub!!He then tried starting an argument over football which in my house its me that watches and he cant stand it yet thats his excuse for wanting to go out so he can watch it? Sorry to moan girls but i think its got to the point where i've had enough? I love him to bits but cant take no more even his own mum says the kids look scared of him and that what hes doing is mental bulliying? I can't take nomore and dunno what to do? PLEASE PLEASE advice PLEASE!!!!! Boxing Scared Banghead cry
Back to top Go down
View user profile
skorpy

Female
Number of posts : 1789
Registration date : 2006-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Annoying partners!!   Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:43 am

You partner sounds very selfish and arrogent.

I would give him a taste of when he goes out,he stays out and dont come back on your terms.Or are you worried he wouldnt be bothered by this?

You really need too put your foot down because yes,he is taking the pee.In my household,my patner knows its give and take not just take.I go out when I please and so does he.Have you anyone who babysits? if so,start going out anyway and see if he likes it.If he doesnt then give him these terms. You either get a babysitter too go out, or he stays in and allows you to go out.

Easier said then done with some guys....I had this happen too me in previous relationship. I got ready and went out anyway and left my partner too moan. I told him either he stays and look after our son,or I will get a babysitter.It worked because he gave me some money too go out with and stayed in lol

Female
Number of posts : 2050
Registration date : 2006-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Annoying partners!!   Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:59 am

Call his bluff, say that you ARE going out with the girls. Dont let him tell you what you can and cant do when he doesnt have to answer to you. He doesnt own you, your only married to him.

Good advice from Skorp there :)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
loudun
Elder
Elder

Female
Number of posts : 1238
Registration date : 2007-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Annoying partners!!   Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:28 am

Have to say he sounds horrid, i can't really add to anything the others have said as it's good advice, don't let him bully you and if the kids are scared of him, it's maybe time to get out....xxxx

Good luck hun xxx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tracey
NewBorn
NewBorn

Female

PostSubject: Re: Annoying partners!!   Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:50 am

Well girls i'll post 2nite n let you know what happens i do put my foot down he makes promises obviously never last wen i do get to go out its only cos my mum babysits cos he insists on coming? Thing is everyone that knows him think hes so nice but they don't see what i do they only see the drunk do what he wants version? I'm gonna talk to him 2nite i think its ultimatum time!! Its bad enough but he refuses to talk to me since wednesday ! All the crap i have to deal with anyway never know one day i might find a decent bloke? I haven't met one yet?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shez
Grown-up
Grown-up

Female
Number of posts : 509
Registration date : 2007-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Annoying partners!!   Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:34 am

Good Luck hun hope all goes well for you x
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sue
Toddler
Toddler

Female
Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2007-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Annoying partners!!   Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:43 am

Tracey wrote:
Well girls i'll post 2nite n let you know what happens i do put my foot down he makes promises obviously never last wen i do get to go out its only cos my mum babysits cos he insists on coming? Thing is everyone that knows him think hes so nice but they don't see what i do they only see the drunk do what he wants version? I'm gonna talk to him 2nite i think its ultimatum time!! Its bad enough but he refuses to talk to me since wednesday ! All the crap i have to deal with anyway never know one day i might find a decent bloke? I haven't met one yet?

You just described my ex husband. If he doesn't listen to you then I suggest getting yourself out of that situation. Its not healthy for you or the kids and it seems for him either. He needs some alcohol help it sounds like. I used to be married to this wonderful guy that did everything for everyone, except at home. I don't want to sound like there is no hope but if he is not going to make an effort to make it better then worry about you and the kids. Email me if you ever need to talk
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tracey
NewBorn
NewBorn

Female

PostSubject: Re: Annoying partners!!   Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:48 am

Well i spoke to him he says all the right words it just seems somethings missing? I dunno if its cos i just don't believe him anymore or what? I do want to but i don't think i can, At the moment he's in the pub he rang me an hour ago to say he's on his way home and meet him at home, (i was at my mums) I rang him just as i was leaving to find hes still in the pub and has no intention on leaving! I don't understand why the big rush for me to get home? Is it me am i right in thinking that its mental bullying still telling me what to do and where to be even though he's not? I'm dreading him coming home cos he's gonna get abusive cos he's drunk? You know what as i'm writing this i'm thinking to myself i'm answering my own questions and i should get out now! Its bloody hard i left my ex husband cos he was physically abusive towards me. Whys everything gotta be so complicated! cryy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
skorpy

Female
Number of posts : 1789
Registration date : 2006-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Annoying partners!!   Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:05 pm

Tracey

All we can say is leave him,if he is like this. But its easy for us too say.I have never been in this situation.But why do you have too live by someone else rules...your not even married to the guy and he is telling you where you should be,even being married they are more leaniant then he sounds.

Can you honestly see yourself in this relationship and happy 5 years down the line.If not,then that is telling you something.You have too see it from this way.Will he ever change.I think deep down you dont think he will. There sounds like no trust in your relationship...and that is the main core in a relationship is trust...no trust,no furture.

I am sorry too be so blunt,but this has too be said.I am looking out for you and I dont like the sound of your partner atall. I think you deserve alot better. And I am sure you will be happy in the company of another man

Female
Number of posts : 780
Registration date : 2006-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Annoying partners!!   Sat Jun 09, 2007 4:24 pm

Too Be honest hun ..... i am in the same mind as Skorpy and i dont think i could say it any better myself.

xxHxx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rebecca-Jayne

Female
Number of posts : 2050
Registration date : 2006-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Annoying partners!!   Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:56 am

skorpy wrote:
Tracey

All we can say is leave him,if he is like this. But its easy for us too say.I have never been in this situation.But why do you have too live by someone else rules...your not even married to the guy and he is telling you where you should be,even being married they are more leaniant then he sounds.

Can you honestly see yourself in this relationship and happy 5 years down the line.If not,then that is telling you something.You have too see it from this way.Will he ever change.I think deep down you dont think he will. There sounds like no trust in your relationship...and that is the main core in a relationship is trust...no trust,no furture.

I am sorry too be so blunt,but this has too be said.I am looking out for you and I dont like the sound of your partner atall. I think you deserve alot better. And I am sure you will be happy in the company of another man

Well said! Couldnt say it any better hun xxx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EmmaLouise
Infant
Infant

Female
Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2007-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Annoying partners!!   Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:57 am

OMG not fair on u at all hun..

Sounds all one sided to me grrr

hugs for u
Back to top Go down
View user profile
loudun
Elder
Elder

Female
Number of posts : 1238
Registration date : 2007-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Annoying partners!!   Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:47 am

I also have to agree with skorpy and the rest sound bad you really should get out, while you still can...xxxx Good luck hun, where here if you need us...xxx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
maz1981

Female
Number of posts : 491

PostSubject: Re: Annoying partners!!   Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:01 am

skorpy said it in a nut shell hun dont stay in a relationship if it has no future and your not happy xxxx

Female
Number of posts : 980
Registration date : 2007-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Annoying partners!!   Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:00 am

yes i agree with skorpy if your not happy in a relationship its time to leave why waste your time o n something that aint going nowhere good luck xx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Annoying partners!!   

Back to top Go down

Annoying partners!!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1