HomeHome  BabyTalk ExtraBabyTalk Extra  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

try, try, try again!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
lawlesst

PostSubject: try, try, try again!   Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:16 am

[i]the heartbreaking thing about being married to a diabetic who mistreated his diabetes for most of his life, is the fact that our one daughter was a miracle 11 years ago. we have constantly tried since then but to no avail. yeah fun trying but upsetting every month when you see that the effort proved fruitless. the moment i held our daughter in my arms i swore i wanted to go through everything agan at least 7 more times. shame it never happens how you want hey.
i thank, not God, but whoever else for the wonder that is our daughter, but secretly wish for more.
we try for all our worth. (not that i am complaining)but it is ssssssooooo down heartening not to get the results that we desire.
IVF, i hear you say. good suggestion as are all the other options out there for those that can afford it or are lucky to live in an area that will grant you a single attempt on the NHS. unfortunately we are neither rich, able to get a bank loan, or lucky enough to have a understanding GP. so we keep doing what we do. hey, maybe we will get another miracle??
Back to top Go down
uksammy
Pensioner
Pensioner

Female
Number of posts : 771
Registration date : 2006-09-01

PostSubject: Re: try, try, try again!   Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:08 am

Hugs That must be so hard, I can't imagine having to wait that long and the not knowing when it will happen. It's not fair that some people get pregnant without wanting to be and some people who are desperate that can't.

I was upset the first month we tried and no success but the second month we got a positive. I feel so lucky now and wish you every success for a little brother or sister for your Daughter xx
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/uksammy
Flower
Toddler
Toddler

Female
Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2006-09-07

PostSubject: Re: try, try, try again!   Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:09 am

I wish you lots of luck. We are currently dealing with infertility and will hopefully have IUI soon.

My cousin went through a similar thing as you, again diabetic and seven failed cycles of IVF. Last year they adopted twins and are very happy. I hope you get your own miracle.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
newmotherhood
Teenager
Teenager

Female
Number of posts : 319
Registration date : 2006-08-11

PostSubject: Re: try, try, try again!   Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:17 pm

My sister is having something of the same issue she has one son 10 years old and cannot have another because for one her fiancee has diabetis and is very over weight lets just say he's not in the best of shape. Thats not just the issue with all that she has that overy problem tricousis so they are waiting for a miricle as well. I hope one day you will have another miricle because everyone like you deserve more Hug
Back to top Go down
View user profile
loudun
Elder
Elder

Female
Number of posts : 1238
Registration date : 2007-02-11

PostSubject: Re: try, try, try again!   Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:43 am

I wish you all the luck in the world...xxxx
Back to top Go down
View user profile